Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed as AU. What happens now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed as AU. What happens now?

My girlfriend and I split up and such I have been taken off her accounts as an AU. What will happen to the data that's in my currect CR? Will it stay on there showing all the positive history or will it be deleted? If any or some stays on, what gets reported for the balance, etc? Thanks!

Brando

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Removed as AU. What happens now?

It should fall off your reports within a couple weeks. If not, I'm sure you can dispute them.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

One you are deleted as an AU and it is reported to the CRA, the entire account, with everthing in it, will disasppear from your CR.  Nothing remains, period.

My question is, how was the AU deletion reported?  Did she report it to her CCC? Are you sure this was done?

She cant report directly to the CRA.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My girlfriend and I split up and such I have been taken off her accounts as an AU. What will happen to the data that's in my currect CR? Will it stay on there showing all the positive history or will it be deleted? If any or some stays on, what gets reported for the balance, etc? Thanks!

Brando

AU is just that, an authorized "user" of the account.  The account is reported to the CRA as long as you remain an AU.  Once your girlfriend has the CCC remove you as an AU, the next time the CCC updates the CRA, the entire account TL will be deleted because you are no longer a "user" and the account was never your financial responsibility, therefore no record or history will remain.....it will be as though they never existed on your CR.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Just one other caution, to protect yourself.

When an account holder adds an AU to an account, they can also authorize the AU to have a CC to make charges on the account.

If this is the case, immediately return the card to her.  You dont want assertions that you have made charges on the account before it was delted.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.