Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed as AU after card reported lost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed as AU after card reported lost?

Hi. I checked my Credit Karma this morning and learned that, within the last seven days, the clown show that is Equifax removed me as an AU on a revolving account. (This removal was not initiated by me nor the account owner.) This dropped my CK fako by 35 points. I checked the report and there is no other damaging information reporting. (My BCE finally reported. Not sure if that makes a difference. Maybe it does.)

Three days ago, my father, the owner of this account on which I am the AU, lost his card and reported it missing. Discover is sending over new cards and has changed the account number.

Could this new account number be the reason for the removal of this AU account? Even on the the account owner's report, will it disappear there too?

We just spoke with Discover and the rep said I am still listed as an AU in their records; an account number change due to a reported lost card would not have automatically removed me as an AU. The rep put in a mid-cycle report, which is supposed to get this info to Equifax sooner.

Should I wait and see if this solves it, or should I call Equifax? I hate calling them because my ability to speak Clown has atrophied.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed as AU after card reported lost?

Just wait till the next reporting cycle and see if it shows back up. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.