cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed from American Express Black List?

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Re: Removed from American Express Black List?

Yeaph...almost same here...burned them in the early 2000...apped in Feb 2013 got denied right away without any CB pull(reason: amex cancelled your account).

Got approved last week after paying off.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 21 of 33
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Yeaph...almost same here...burned them in the early 2000...apped in Feb 2013 got denied right away without any CB pull(reason: amex cancelled your account).

wow, congrats. what did you get approved for? 

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 33
scottykhan
Contributor

I tried to call them last year to find out how much do I owe them so that I could pay them right away and get out of blacklist. But they couldn't find me in their system. Tried to apply again last December but still got rejected. Didn't know then what to do
Message 23 of 33
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:
I tried to call them last year to find out how much do I owe them so that I could pay them right away and get out of blacklist. But they couldn't find me in their system. Tried to apply again last December but still got rejected. Didn't know then what to do

sounds like you are on the blacklist as well. Thats crazy when they cant even find the old accounts in the system

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 24 of 33
scottykhan
Contributor

Well still waiting on the application result. don't really know yet whether i'm on their blacklist or not. It didn't give any denial right away as i used to get

Message 25 of 33
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:

Well still waiting on the application result. don't really know yet whether i'm on their blacklist or not. It didn't give any denial right away as i used to get

ok, I sure hope you get approved!!!

Message 26 of 33
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

wow, congrats. what did you get approved for? 

thanks tennisfan78. i got approved last week(friday) for amex bce with 3.3k cli. glad to be back with them.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 27 of 33
scottykhan
Contributor

while i'm waiting for the result on my BCE application, i have received this letter from American Express in today's mail, It States

" Your application for Amex Green Card was handled incorrectly due to system error. Please call on this number 800-494-4128 within 30-days of receiving this letter."

But here is the problem i went on Amex website and that application was denied because " Amex cancelled my previous account"..   Now by applying again would it make any difference??????

Message 28 of 33
power1234

Nah is a no go.Sorry man they must have lookt at it closely and see the previous relation ship

@scottykhan wrote:

while i'm waiting for the result on my BCE application, i have received this letter from American Express in today's mail, It States

" Your application for Amex Green Card was handled incorrectly due to system error. Please call on this number 800-494-4128 within 30-days of receiving this letter."

But here is the problem i went on Amex website and that application was denied because " Amex cancelled my previous account"..   Now by applying again would it make any difference??????

Message 29 of 33
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Unless they have a big glitch in their system you aren't getting approved until you pay them back.  Amex is a big stickler on getting paid before giving out another card.  If you owe them a considerable amount it's really not worth it as there are many other cards out there with similar benefits.  Unless you need to get approved for a coporate card for your job I'd just move on.  Good luck.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.