Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing AU

tag
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Removing AU

I'm trying to increase my husbands score and he is AU on a bunch of my cards, would it be best to not be AU so it's not on his report? Or should I AU him to all my cards?

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing AU

@nursepower wrote:

I'm trying to increase my husbands score and he is AU on a bunch of my cards, would it be best to not be AU so it's not on his report? Or should I AU him to all my cards?

I would be having him get his own cards, AU only goes so far and a lot of lenders dont even give AU accounts credence when one apps for credit. One typically only becomes an AU on a few choice older cards that have little utilization on them. If they dont report I would not bother making him an AU unless he actually needs to use the cards to buy something when you are not with him.

Message 2 of 4
tmeach
Established Member

@gdale6 wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

I would be having him get his own cards, AU only goes so far and a lot of lenders dont even give AU accounts credence when one apps for credit. One typically only becomes an AU on a few choice older cards that have little utilization on them. If they dont report I would not bother making him an AU unless he actually needs to use the cards to buy something when you are not with him.

I agree.  From my personal experience, I am AU and have no CCs on my own until recently.  Today I was approved for Chase Freedom and denied for Disc IT due to lack of CLs.  Being a AU helped boost my score from 590s to 600s in the past 3 years.  

Message 3 of 4
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

He should be an AU on one or two of your oldest accounts with decent limits. But don't AU him on all accounts. AU only factors into some credit modules.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.