Senior Contributor

Removing authorized users.

My wife has been an authorized user of my Sears Master Card for quite a bit and currently she paid all her credit cards bringing her scores up to the low 700's she still owes Macy's but isn't a lot. Since being an authorized user it reports the card activity and my card is at limit if I were to remove her it would also remove the card as well as the balance which would lower her debt to ratio bringing her score even more up correct? Also will it affect her credit score in any way if I were to remove her? Thanks!

$300$300
(EQ FICO ---) (EX FICO ---) (TU FICO ---) Gardening Since 07/05/15 For All 3 Credit Bureaus
(EQ Inquiries --) (EX inquiries --) (TU Inquiries --)
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing authorized users.

all you gotta do just try it...if its not work out that good.....then add her back on Smiley Very Happy simple as that

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Regular Contributor

How old is the card you are trying to remove her from??

Epic Contributor

I would say unless its REALLY old card and she has nothing else even close to it i would remove.

but if she only has this card and macys then it might hurt

and she might need to just dispute the account to get it deleted and update the balance.

really you could remove her and she could just keep using her card.... don't think sears sends seperate numbers.

Target, GE... you can remove someone but if they have card they can keep charging... no difference.. i actually have 3 best buy MC for myself (I didn't do that!)

I have a couple Chevron because i didn't want my partner to take hit of a stupid $650 CL but when i opened it had the .10,.20 cents off whatever it was... no issues used at pump.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Senior Contributor

About 6 years old

$300$300
(EQ FICO ---) (EX FICO ---) (TU FICO ---) Gardening Since 07/05/15 For All 3 Credit Bureaus
Senior Contributor

She has her own crdit card(s) just becuase she didnt have much back then when she was added to the sears MC she has WAY better credit scores than me, And Im thinking they would be even better if she removed this credit card beacuse its to the limit whcih is $4000 and currently $3988 balance. should i remove her? I fi did remove her how long would it take to be removed from her credit report?

$300$300
Valued Contributor

Remove her from that card, for her sake.

Don't add her on to another, for your sake.

Removal times vary among CRAs, but all is good with time.

Senior Contributor

Thank you!!! I shall do that first thing tommorrow.

$300$300
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My wife got a alert on her equifax and it was about the sears credit card acct fom which I had removed her fom and it actually boosted her  2 points! Her Utilizaion is now 2% She can so go apply for Chase or AMEX her EQ FICO score is now 703 -no BKs or collections- Smiley Happy

$300$300
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.