Did you mean: 

Removing myself as AU

tag
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: Removing myself as AU

@kostyan1992 wrote:

Hey MyFico community - small question,

I added myself to moms Freedom as an AU 9 months ago to get a foot in the door and be approved for my first CC. Today, I have my own credit cards and am comfortable without this being AU on her account. Also, my mom likes to let balances roll over due to the 0% APR promotion so I have a card reporting that's usually over 50% as of lately. My question is, if I was to remove myself as an AU from her account while it's at 50% util, would I keep those 9 months of history with 50% util reporting indefinately? Thanks.

I literally came back from a long MyFico break just to ask this... LOL.

(Yes, A month is a long time)

Message 11 of 17
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@techiegirl wrote:

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

Unfortunately, I have a rather unique experience with this.  I was an AU on my wifes Discover for about 1 1/2 yrs (on all of the accounts she had at that time).  We then had me taken off each account: Chase, Captial One, Bank of America,  Amex, and Discover.  The Chase continued to report bcause we closed that account without removing me first.  The Cap 1, B of A, and Amex then dropped off my CRA's.  The Discover never did.  I have disputed it mulitple times and it comes back verified as accurate.  Now, another 18 months or more later, it still shows on my CRA's as an open AU account with the CL she had at that time (1/2 of what it is now).  I have called Discover and they refuse to take the damn thing off.  Not to hijack the thread, but if anyone has any advice I'm listening...

I had DH remove me as AU off several of his cards and they are still listed on my CR as well.  I see them as "open" and responsibility "terminated."  

This one had the "responsiblilty terminated" on my Experian last year, but now it doesn't even say that.  Just "open".  So  aggravating!!!

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 12 of 17
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

@kostyan1992 wrote:

I added myself to moms Freedom as an AU 9 months ago to get a foot in the door and be approved for my first CC. Today, I have my own credit cards and am comfortable without this being AU on her account. Also, my mom likes to let balances roll over due to the 0% APR promotion so I have a card reporting that's usually over 50% as of lately. My question is, if I was to remove myself as an AU from her account while it's at 50% util, would I keep those 9 months of history with 50% util reporting indefinately? Thanks.

Yes, likely with BofA it will completely disappear fromm your CRA's completely.  History and all.

Message 13 of 17
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

@kostyan1992 wrote:

Yes, likely with BofA it will completely disappear fromm your CRA's completely.  History and all.

Mine are with Chase and Citi.

I just sent them a message in hopes of having myself removed as an Authorized User. We'll see what happens after.

Message 14 of 17
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

@kostyan1992 wrote:

Mine are with Chase and Citi.

I just sent them a message in hopes of having myself removed as an Authorized User. We'll see what happens after.

Sorry, Rush.  I mistook your post for the OP.  Chase will if  the account is not closed before your request to be removed (request has to come from the primary account holder).  Citi I am unsure of...

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kostyan1992 wrote:
Anyone else have experiance with this?

Unfortunately, I have a rather unique experience with this.  I was an AU on my wifes Discover for about 1 1/2 yrs (on all of the accounts she had at that time).  We then had me taken off each account: Chase, Captial One, Bank of America,  Amex, and Discover.  The Chase continued to report bcause we closed that account without removing me first.  The Cap 1, B of A, and Amex then dropped off my CRA's.  The Discover never did.  I have disputed it mulitple times and it comes back verified as accurate.  Now, another 18 months or more later, it still shows on my CRA's as an open AU account with the CL she had at that time (1/2 of what it is now).  I have called Discover and they refuse to take the damn thing off.  Not to hijack the thread, but if anyone has any advice I'm listening...

Thats so weird about 6 yrs ago I was on my mothers discover to get established all she had to do to get me off was tell discover to take me off as AU and they disabled my card and about 2 months later it came off my credit report completely.  Are you sure discover took you off all the way? Ask discover for a letter stating you are no longer on that card because your not, and send that letter to the CR agencies, worth a shot.

Message 16 of 17
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thats so weird about 6 yrs ago I was on my mothers discover to get established all she had to do to get me off was tell discover to take me off as AU and they disabled my card and about 2 months later it came off my credit report completely.  Are you sure discover took you off all the way? Ask discover for a letter stating you are no longer on that card because your not, and send that letter to the CR agencies, worth a shot.

Now that I think about about it, I believe I started that approach last year.  Discover was supposed to mail me that letter (and may have).  I work out of town alot and may have dropped the ball.  Thanks for the reminder.  I am sure they can send another letter if I have misplaced that one.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.