cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing myself as an AU from a credit card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing myself as an AU from a credit card.

GOOD DAY ALL! Smiley Tongue

First I would like to say hello and thank all of you who contribute to this forum. It is very valuable to me and those around me. 

My question is if I remove myself from a Credit Card that belongs to a parent will it adversely effect my credit? The parent who owns the card and is not responsble at all. 

I'm currently in Cap 1's Credit steps with a QS1 - 500 limit , Secured - 701 Limit , Cap 1 Platinum - 500 limit and Walmart Store card - 500 limit & 1 Auto loan.

Thx!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Removing myself as an AU from a credit card.

If they're not responsible and they have high UTIL/late payments on their card and you remove yourself, you should actually see score improvements I would say.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there is a very high utilization on that card and at least 5 late payments. 

once i get somemore feedback im going to make my decision.

THX omargb9!

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No problem! Smiley Happy But yes definitely wait for some of the more seasoned vets to weigh in.

If it helps though there's another thread a little further down this board about the exact same topic if you want to take a look: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Removing-Myself-as-an-AU-Help/td-p/4092251

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.