Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing myself as an AU

tag
Finance805
Valued Member

Removing myself as an AU

Not quite sure how this happened but noticed on my Credit Report that I am an AU on my mom's Macy's card.  I think when I signed up for my own store card for some reason they also attached me as an AU since my Mom said she didn't. 

So how would I go about removing myself as an AU and removing the line item from my credit report or at least show a 0 balance and no longer an active line item?

Thanks.

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing myself as an AU

@Finance805 wrote:

So how would I go about removing myself as an AU and removing the line item from my credit report or at least show a 0 balance and no longer an active line item?

Thanks.

You don't get to tell them what balance to show, unless the balance is simply wrong.  If you are reported as an AU, your balance will be updated according to their typical CRA update schedule and policies.  To have yourself removed, simply call them and remove yourself.  There shouldn't be any issue with it.  You may want to initiate a dispute with the CR's with the reason "Not my account" and it will be (almost) immediately removed in most cases.  Make sure you evaluate the implications and potential results though.  Personal experience has shown me that it's not always ideal to dispute with the CRs, as you may change your mind and want that account back on your reports and it's very diffiicult to get it reported correctly after you disputed it.  If it has a zero balance and long history, or helps your util, I would recommend you think carefully before removing it.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.