Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing self as AU

tag
Joesh
New Contributor

Removing self as AU

Hi all, 

I just removed myself as AU on my mom's credit card - how long will it take for this information to report to the credit bureaus? I'd like to pull my credit report for free to check but I was wondering if this is reported instant or should I wait a few weeks.

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Removing self as AU

@Joesh wrote:

Hi all, 

I just removed myself as AU on my mom's credit card - how long will it take for this information to report to the credit bureaus? I'd like to pull my credit report for free to check but I was wondering if this is reported instant or should I wait a few weeks.

It could take one or two reporting cycles before it disappers.  Sometimes people have reported that the old AU accounts don't drop so they end up either disputing with the CRAs as "not mine" or calling the creditors again.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
Joesh
New Contributor

So like when the statement comes out for that card?

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 3 of 9
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Joesh-

I did this a few months back with three different cards I was an AU on. This is a YMMV issue.  One card removed itself when the next statement cut. The other two I ended up having to dispute. One account was removed within a week of disputing, but it took the whole dispute period for the last account to come off of EX.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 4 of 9
Joesh
New Contributor

How do you dispute it? Do you have to call the credit reporting agencies?

Message 5 of 9
Joesh
New Contributor

I really would like to get myself removed from the reports within 1-2 weeks, so I can submit a scanned copy of my credit report to CITI so they can reconsider my application for a credit line increase, which I was declined due to being an AU on an account I do not use.

What's the quickest way to go about it? I'm already removed as an AU - just need to expedite it showing up on my reports

Message 6 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Do everything. Call credit card company and dispute with cra as not mine.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 9
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Joesh wrote:

I really would like to get myself removed from the reports within 1-2 weeks, so I can submit a scanned copy of my credit report to CITI so they can reconsider my application for a credit line increase, which I was declined due to being an AU on an account I do not use.

What's the quickest way to go about it? I'm already removed as an AU - just need to expedite it showing up on my reports

Wow...not trying to be defeatist, but good luck getting CCCs/CBs to update ANYTHING with that speed Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 8 of 9
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Joesh wrote:

Why would YOU need to provide Citi with a scanned copy of your CR? They will pull it themselves.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.