Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopen ancient Citi account?

tag
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Reopen ancient Citi account?

I have the following account on my credit reports. I am not actually sure where it came from, but I can only assume that one of my parents opened this. Do you think there is any chance I could get this account reinstated? It looks like it is going to drop off of my account next year, and that might shorten my revolving credit history.

UNVL/CITI

Address:
PO BOX 6241
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57117
No phone number available

Account Number:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jul 2009.

Date Opened:
12/1997

Type:
Revolving
Reported Since:
12/1997 Terms:
NA

Date of Status:
07/1999

Monthly Payment:
$0

Last Reported:
07/1999

Responsibility:
Individual

Credit Limit/Original Amount:
NA

High Balance:
NA

Recent Balance:
NA

Recent Payment:
NA

Your statement:
Account closed at consumer`s request.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reopen ancient Citi account?

Bump...anyone?  My DH is in the same situation.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

mrscharlie wrote:
Bump...anyone?  My DH is in the same situation.

Have DH call  who the account is issued with to see.  I have the same thing with an old BoA account that will fall off soon. BoA said they cannot go back that far. It was opened in 94 closed in 01 for inactivity.

Message Edited by stef37 on 05-21-2008 04:14 PM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid not. I've been trying for weeks to either reopen my old Citi Visa account I closed in 1996, or re-age my new account to reflect the open date. I still have every statement and every letter, including welcome and closure letters, but Citi has told me categorically (more than once) that they cannot do it. They said the only way to reopen an account is if it was closed in the last year, and they don't even have any record of my old account. Yours is almost as old, so they probably won't have it, either.

Discover has also told me it's impossible to reopen my account with them that I closed at the same time.
Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You can always try, but it's pretty unlikely. But that's what phones are for. GL!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that and was denied. The said account closed for too long. My card was closed in 2006 by credit counselor.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, everyone.  I will have DH call and give it a whirl.  It's worth a shot.  Will report back.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried this too and Citi said no dice.  Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it didn't work.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.