Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopened Macy's account still showing 'Closed' by TU in TC 3-in-1 report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reopened Macy's account still showing 'Closed' by TU in TC 3-in-1 report

My 3-in-1 credit report from TC shows my Macy's account as 'Closed' (because it has a Date Closed associated with it).  I did close it back in 2008, but re-opened last year, so it's an open, active account now.  The other two CRAs are showing this account as 'Open' in my 3-in-1 report.

I disputed the 'Closed' status with TU, but they wrote back that they had verified it was open, even tho the 'Date Closed' is still on my report.  Should I dispute again, or just ignore the 'closed' status on my 3-in-1 report?

Here's the TL from my TU credit report:

Macy's TL on TU

And here is the TC 3-in-1 report line for this account:

Message Edited by writemikep on 07-21-2009 03:41 PM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Reopened Macy's account still showing 'Closed' by TU in TC 3-in-1 report

I would dispute this again. Tell that while they, by their own admission, admit they have verified the account is open they are still reporting it as closed. It doesn't make a huge difference (for you), but there is no reason for you to leave a $1,700 CL on the table by allowing it to report wrong. They will get it right sooner or later, but not unless you press them on it.
Message 2 of 18
Established Member

Macy's does not report to all agencies.  If you have no flaws on your payments, I would not worry about it.  It won't improve your fico score either way.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's is reporting to all three right now, it's just TU (or the 3-in-1 TC report?) that seems confused whether the account is open or closed.
Message 4 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@dee wrote:
Macy's does not report to all agencies.  If you have no flaws on your payments, I would not worry about it.  It won't improve your fico score either way.

It might improve someone else's scores were they in this position. It is not going to have much effect on OP's. However, there is no excuse for the TL not to be reported correctly.

FYI: 

Macy's reports to: EQ, EX, TU

Macy's Visa reports to EQ, EX

Message 5 of 18
Established Member

I have a regular revolving Macy's cc and they do not always report to each one every month.  Not sure why some months they do and some not...

One of my relatives has a high mortgage and they say their mortgage company does not report to anyone!  not sure how that can happen, but they say their mortgage has never showed up on any agencies reports. Wonder if that helps or hurts???

Message 6 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@dee wrote:

I have a regular revolving Macy's cc and they do not always report to each one every month.  Not sure why some months they do and some not...

One of my relatives has a high mortgage and they say their mortgage company does not report to anyone!  not sure how that can happen, but they say their mortgage has never showed up on any agencies reports. Wonder if that helps or hurts???

That hurts. OP I would check your "real" reports before assuming the card is still reporting as closed.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry, that's why I disputed thru TU (and showed the actual TL in my original post).  I think the 3-in-1 TrueCredit report figures the acct must be closed if there is a 'Date Closed' entry in the TL.  TU says the account is open, but didn't remove the 'Date Closed' from the TL.  I can ignore it, as long as it won't neg impact me. 
Message Edited by writemikep on 07-21-2009 03:22 PM
Message 8 of 18
Established Member

I thought you could no longer get all 3, just two?  Does that mean one went out of business?
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't purchase your EX FICO score anymore.  You can still get credit reports from all three CRAs.
Message Edited by writemikep on 07-21-2009 03:43 PM
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.