Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopened Macy's account still showing 'Closed' by TU in TC 3-in-1 report

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Reopened Macy's account still showing 'Closed' by TU in TC 3-in-1 report

writemikep wrote:
smallfry, that's why I disputed thru TU (and showed the actual TL in my original post).  I think the 3-in-1 TrueCredit report figures the acct must be closed if there is a 'Date Closed' entry in the TL.  TU says the account is open, but didn't remove the 'Date Closed' from the TL.  I can ignore it, as long as it won't neg impact me. 
Message Edited by writemikep on 07-21-2009 03:22 PM

So your full report from TransUnion still has a date closed?

(For anyone else reading, never assume that what displays on a third-party credit monitoring service, even one sponsored by a CRA, has accurate info. There are always strange display quirks. That's why we always say that if you see something funky on a credit monitoring report, including a myFICO report, go ahead and pull the real thing.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

As a result of this thread I checked and noticed that EQ (through both TC and SP) are reporting my long ago closed by me Providian/WaMu/Chase account as both "Closed by consumer" and "Closed by grantor", Since I definitely closed it this will have to be dealt with. This mixup must have occurred during the WaMu to Chase changeover. I had a TU problem with this same account at that time as well which was far worse. (I do not have a direct EQ report. Since it reports the same way by two third party sources I am going to have to assume it is real. Both TU and EX report this account correctly on reports pulled directly from them.)

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

So your full report from TransUnion still has a date closed?

(For anyone else reading, never assume that what displays on a third-party credit monitoring service, even one sponsored by a CRA, has accurate info. There are always strange display quirks. That's why we always say that if you see something funky on a credit monitoring report, including a myFICO report, go ahead and pull the real thing.)

Yes.  The TL in my first post is from my TransUnion credit report pulled last night, after they say the dispute was investigated.  Notice the TL doesn't have a 'Remark: Account closed by consumer' line (which would appear below the Loan Type, and just before the History section, when we close an account).  So I'm assuming the 'Date Closed' entry is confusing TrueCredit.  TransUnion says the account is open.  Bizarre (since TC is TU, right?)

Message Edited by writemikep on 07-21-2009 06:11 PM
Message 13 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes.  The TL in my first post is from my TransUnion credit report pulled last night, after they say the dispute was investigated.  Notice the TL doesn't have a 'Remark: Account closed by consumer' line (which would appear below the Loan Type, and just before the History section, when we close an account).  So I'm assuming the 'Date Closed' entry is confusing TrueCredit.  TransUnion says the account is open.  Bizarre (since TC is TU, right?)

This is correct. Since they claim it is verified as open I would dispute again and ask, "Well if you verifed this account is open why are you reporting a closed date." Hopefully the next clerk will fix it correctly.

Message 14 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is correct. Since they claim it is verified as open I would dispute again and ask, "Well if you verifed this account is open why are you reporting a closed date." Hopefully the next clerk will fix it correctly.

TC is owned by TU, but it's still a third-party service. Things might show up one way on a TC report that won't necessarily look the same as on the full report directly from TransUnion.

Whenever a third-party service republishes credit reports, it's like a translator at a foreign press conference. They do their best to repeat what's on the original, but sometimes things take a surprising turn. Info doesn't necessarily show up correctly on the third-party service.

For instance, Equifax accounts on third-party reports almost never have reported dates. They might have X X X for each month instead of green boxes or whatever. My guess is that this is because EQ displays update info as MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY like the other two, so the info doesn't flow over properly.

Someone once posted that the technical term for this is that the data is not mapping properly. This sounds very mysterious and authoritative, so I like to repeat it. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Someone once posted that the technical term for this is that the data is not mapping properly. This sounds very mysterious and authoritative, so I like to repeat it. Smiley Very Happy

That would pretty much be the correct techno-speak for this situation.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, just pulled my monthly TC 3-in-1 credit report, and my DSNB/Macy's TL is now showing 'Open' for all three CRAs!!!

So TU did something to make TC report it correctly for them.

However, my AMEX TLs (that got re-aged) are all messed up, because EX didn't re-age the accounts.  SIGH!!!!!!  Will leave them alone for now, and recheck in a month (or after I pester EX). Not too worried, since myFICO reports (that I got today) show accounts correctly for TU and EQ, and EX has been stubborn in re-aging AMEX accts for others.

Message Edited by writemikep on 07-29-2009 01:42 PM
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

Since I have become a credit repair junkie (pulling and inspecting reports daily for corrections), I can attest to the fact that the data published by TrueCredit is more volatile that the true Transunion data. On numerous occasions, the TrueCredit information was out of sync with Transunion proper. I was told by TransUnion that the only real data is that reflected in their version of the report and that the TrueCredit folks (although loosely affiliated) only poll the data once a day.

In my case the data has always synced up within 2.5 - 3 days. Remember that the TrueCredit data pulls the real Transunion report once a month and the other 29 or so days it pulls changes still based on the foundation of the once a month report. Sort of like an incremental update system.

I hope this made sense.

Kindly

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.