Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopening Cap1 Card

tag
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Reopening Cap1 Card

Just got off the phone with Capital One after deciding to reopen a student Journey card. When I did not know anything about credit cards, I closed the Journey card in order to pursue the Freedom. Thinking that it looked bad to have more than one card, I closed a $0 AF CARD!! Smiley Surprised

I know this is not a big deal, but it will help my AAoA as I opened the Journey card in 2/2011, plus I am staying in the garden and not accruing an annual fee! I'm very excited and had to share, plus I am hoping to utilize that LUV button that has been installed since I last dealt with icky Cap 1...

I do have one question though... They said that they put in a request to have it reopened (no hard inquiry) and I would receive the information within 10 days. Any backdoor number to call that would know of this information immediately, or is there a legit wait period?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Reopening Cap1 Card

@jenn_bar wrote:

Just got off the phone with Capital One after deciding to reopen a student Journey card. When I did not know anything about credit cards, I closed the Journey card in order to pursue the Freedom. Thinking that it looked bad to have more than one card, I closed a $0 AF CARD!! Smiley Surprised

I know this is not a big deal, but it will help my AAoA as I opened the Journey card in 2/2011, plus I am staying in the garden and not accruing an annual fee! I'm very excited and had to share, plus I am hoping to utilize that LUV button that has been installed since I last dealt with icky Cap 1...

I do have one question though... They said that they put in a request to have it reopened (no hard inquiry) and I would receive the information within 10 days. Any backdoor number to call that would know of this information immediately, or is there a legit wait period?

Cap1 is good about reopening accounts so just wait it out providing you went the EO route and not regular CSR?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

Cap1 is good about reopening accounts so just wait it out providing you went the EO route and not regular CSR?

I did not call the traditional 800 number, but I do not believe I contacted the EO. I received the number from chatting with an agent within my Capital One account page online. It was 800-707-0489

Message 3 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

I did not call the traditional 800 number, but I do not believe I contacted the EO. I received the number from chatting with an agent within my Capital One account page online. It was 800-707-0489

Sending you EO number

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 11
Reachingfor800

May I please have that phone number as well? I'm in the exact same boat.

Thanks!

Starting Scores: TU 596 (Credit Karma) / EX 615 (Credit Sesame) / EQ ??? (6/4/13)
Current Scores (Lender): TU 580 / EX 605 / EQ 593 (11/25/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You may want to contact them for better results via the standard email method so they can look into your specific issue.  Here's a helpful link > Capital One EO.

Message 6 of 11
GFer
Valued Contributor

Wow! I didn't think any issuer would 're-open' an account. Learn something new everyday!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, this is on a case-by-case basis since there have been other posts with Capital One not reopening accounts.  It just depends on their most current policies.

Message 8 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

IIRC, this is on a case-by-case basis since there have been other posts with Capital One not reopening accounts.  It just depends on their most current policies.

Yep +1

But they tend to reopen if you were a good customer 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Yep +1

But they tend to reopen if you were a good customer 

so if they reopen, you get the whole history back on your CRs? sweet!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.