Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repercussions from over paid CC

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Repercussions from over paid CC

@csryang wrote:

Only WELLS FARGO warned me that there's bad consequences if I leave a negative balance when the statement closes... the agent did not clarify further...

Which WF card?   WF is very sensitive about the cards that give 5% for 6 months, and often put holds/shut down cards with -ve balances, as an anti-MS measure

Message 11 of 19
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I've had multiple credits post to my AmEx cards and there have been no repercussions. 

Message 12 of 19
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Only WELLS FARGO warned me that there's bad consequences if I leave a negative balance when the statement closes... the agent did not clarify further...

Which WF card?   WF is very sensitive about the cards that give 5% for 6 months, and often put holds/shut down cards with -ve balances, as an anti-MS measure

In light of recent events, WF has a lot of nerve worrying about what their cardholders are doing. Should be the other way around.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 13 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@heavyjay wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@csryang wrote:

In light of recent events, WF has a lot of nerve worrying about what their cardholders are doing. Should be the other way around.

Be fair, when you open a lot of accounts that people don't know about, you want to make sure they aren't being misused!

Message 14 of 19
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heavyjay wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Be fair, when you open a lot of accounts that people don't know about, you want to make sure they aren't being misused!

Fair enough. Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 15 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

I don't know, but with Credit One, is there a fee for paying over the balance, for ending up with a negative balance? Smiley Surprised

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 19
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Yes, there is a fee! 

They essentially use the negative balance and absorb it as part of there cost of doing business! Lol😂😂

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 17 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@csryang wrote:

I see this as possibly being a concern not only due to MS, but also money laundering. 

If somebody is regularly overpaying their account in significant amounts (and then charging against the credit, rinse and repeat) I can see how not only would it raise concern, but the bank could also get in trouble with the government if they didn't do the SAR that kind of activity calls for (the extra paperwork is likely a big reason large credit balances might be frowned upon).

That being said, I'm sure they aren't concerned about small (or 'organic') credit balances in any case... people using their accounts as intended won't have anything to worry about.  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys and gals

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.