cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement card for US Bank Cash+ for Restaurant Spending?

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Replacement card for US Bank Cash+ for Restaurant Spending?

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any good suggestions/hear of any potential new cards that will be able to replace the 5% offered by cash+ on restaurants? (in particular cash back not travel rewards) About 60% of my spending monthly is on restaurants/fastfood.

3% chase aarp i think is best option, there are an bunch of other 2% you could use for restaurants double cash or fidelity amex 2% on everything, or 2% only restaurant cards like amex te or chase sapphire ?

I used my CSP today for 3X. Smiley Happy

FYI, 3X points is just for the first Friday of each month.

https://creditcards.chase.com/sapphire/Disclosures

First Friday Reward Bonus

You will earn an additional 1 bonus point for each $1 of net purchases made with your credit card in the dining category – when you use your card at restaurants on January 3, February 7, March 7, April 4, May 2, June 6, July 4, August 1, September 5, October 3, November 7, and December 5, 2014 before midnight in the time zone where the purchase is made. The bonus point earned is in addition to the standard two points earned in the dining category for a total of 3 points, which may be stated in marketing material as 3X in dining – when you use your card at restaurants. Merchants who accept Visa/MasterCard credit cards are assigned a merchant code based on the kinds of products and services they sell. Chase groups similar merchant codes into categories for purposes of making rewards offers to you. Chase makes every effort to include all relevant merchant codes in its listed categories. However, even though a merchant or the items that it sells may appear to fit within a listed category, the merchant may not have a merchant code that falls within that category. Therefore, purchases with that merchant will not qualify for the stated rewards offer on category purchases. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after qualifying transactions for bonus point to post to your account. There is no maximum bonus point accumulation for this promotional offer. Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this promotional offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable. This is a limited time offer. For more information about Chase rewards categories, see www.Chase.com/RewardsFAQs or your Rewards Program Rules and Regulations.

Message 21 of 40
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I'm considering the new FlexPerks Amex as restaurants are an additional bonus separate from gas, grocery, airfare (up to 4% airfare or close to 3% hotels).

FlexPerks isn't for everyone, the redemption tiers are extraordinarily complicated but I've had excellent luck redeeming airfare/hotels right at the max value many times.

Message 22 of 40
Open123
Super Contributor

Chase Sapphire or Ink Cash at 2%. 

Too bad US Bank has decided to "nerf" the restaurant 5%!  Far and away the most useful category for me.

Message 23 of 40
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

You can get an AARP membership if you're under 50--you'll just be a junior member and won't get any of the benefits. Membership is not required for the AARP Visa, though.

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@weehoo wrote:

Does AARP card countfast food as 3% as well?  

I to am looking for a Cash+ replacement , but not sure its worth the hassle for an extra 1% over using Fidelity Amex

The AARP does indeed count fast food. Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any good suggestions/hear of any potential new cards that will be able to replace the 5% offered by cash+ on restaurants? (in particular cash back not travel rewards) About 60% of my spending monthly is on restaurants/fastfood.

3% chase aarp i think is best option, there are an bunch of other 2% you could use for restaurants double cash or fidelity amex 2% on everything, or 2% only restaurant cards like amex te or chase sapphire ?

I used my CSP today for 3X. Smiley Happy

i thought its 2x ? does it include starbucks and mc donalds ?

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm 27 and got the Aarp card. Age ain't nothing but a number

WOW! Tell my body that Smiley Happy Where's Nixon on this...?

Message 27 of 40
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i thought its 2x ?

See kevinjjc's reply above.

@Open123 wrote:

Chase Sapphire or Ink Cash at 2%. 

At 2% they're equivalent to the cards in the far right column in Themanwhocans chart posted earlier in this thread.  However, 2% assumes 1%/point which applies for statement credits.  If one is transferring then points may have slightly higher value.

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Best restaurant cash back cards, where Restaurant is defined as both Fast Food Restaurants and, er, slow food Restaurants. Smiley Wink

restaurant.png

This is fantastic!

Message 29 of 40
wiivile
New Contributor

This is NOT fantastic:

Chase Freedom Visa: 11/2009, $4,700 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,000 CL
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,700 CL
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.