Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting After Activation

tag
Brandnick
New Contributor

Reporting After Activation

Activated the following cards

Amex - activated on 11/24 but not showing on non of the credit bureaus as of 12/4

Discover - activated on 11/24 showing on all the credit bureaus as 12/4

My question is how long does it usually take for Amex to start reporting to the credit bureaus after activation.

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Reporting After Activation

@Brandnick wrote:

Activated the following cards

Amex - activated on 11/24 but not showing on non of the credit bureaus as of 12/4

Discover - activated on 11/24 showing on all the credit bureaus as 12/4

My question is how long does it usually take for Amex to start reporting to the credit bureaus after activation.

Some creditors don't report until after the first or second statement...I would keep a lookout on the AMEX one after your first statement cuts! Hopefully someone with an AMEX can give you the exact timeframe!

Message 2 of 3
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: Reporting After Activation

Yeah I noticed this too. I enrolled in AMEX Creditsecure since it's free for 30 days and I get 2 free reports and I noticed AMEX isn't reporting yet either.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.