Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Credit Balances to the CRA

tag
destiny36912
New Contributor

Reporting Credit Balances to the CRA

Will Credit Card companies/ Captial One report Credit Balances? I've overpaid one of my credit cards. Will this be reported to the CRA

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Re: Reporting Credit Balances to the CRA

I believe your highest past balance does go into your report. Its shown differently than your current balance and I only see it depending on which site I pull my report from.I know its not shown in the accounts section of a myfico report.

I accidentally went over my limit on a card a while back and then paid it down immediately. It looked like this in my report. Didn't seem to have any effect.

Current Balance: 40

Credit Limit: 400

Highest Balance: 414

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i did that once it was over paid by a dollar. and it doesnt ...it just reports your whole CL as full,but on your statement ur negative one dollar. (well you have a dollar that gets deducted next statement.

Message 3 of 4
destiny36912
New Contributor

Thank you all! I understand.. I thought Credit Companies only reported balances. I'm looking for a boost in my credit score since my debt is down.

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.