Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting incorrect balance...

tag
awiser
Regular Contributor

Reporting incorrect balance...

In September I transfered a personal loan balance from OneMain Financial - nightmare APR, yes - to a 18-month 0% APR offer credit card.  The loan finally updated as closed on my reports within the last two weeks but was reported as closed with the balance I had transfered.  I'm not sure why it was reported with an owed balance but how should I correct this?  I don't want to dispute it with the CRs in fear of them completely deleting it from my reports - I paid it on time with no lates the entire time I had it, and I don't want to tank my AAoA, either.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Re: Reporting incorrect balance...

I had a smiliar issue happen on my report. What I did was contact the creditors to have them update the info. After 2 months it updated on my EX and EQ report but my TU report still showed the balance. I contacted the creditor again to update TU. Rep stated that it was already updated and if I want just dispute it and they will confirm. 

It was my first time disputing something online and it gave me choices to what I was disputing. You can also call the CBs if you feel more comfortable speaking to someone and making sure they dont remove history. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.