Reporting <9% or 0 when applying for new CC

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reporting <9% or 0 when applying for new CC

@LS2982 wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:
Hello All,

I just paid off all my cc (16 of them) all show a 0 balance On the revolving ones. I one gold Amex reporting a 182 balance, but forgot when paying them off I should have left one with a small balance... Is it ok to apply or will I get denied because I have no balance on any revolving accounts.. Need advice ???

I would have at least 1 report a balance first. Not sure if a Charge card in the eyes of a creditor is sufficient.

I can confirm by playing around with my credit cards for about 4 months prior to my mortagage that having one card with a 1% utilization provides a better score than 2 cards with 1% utilization and provides a better score than both cards at 0% and provides a better score than one card with 5% utilization. The closer to 0% utilization on one card you get with the rest zero'd out the better your score will be as long as you don't actually pay that one single acount off completely.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.