cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting the balance the day they post the payment?

tag
S7
Established Contributor

Reporting the balance the day they post the payment?

I paid my walmart balance in full on the 14th, of course since it is a new account, they hold it for 7-14 days, but my first payment is due on the 25th, but my report just updated and is showing my PAID balance which is 0, as the balance I just paid!!! My fako went up 7points, but I thought it wouldnt show a balance since it paid and the Walmart site shows 0 balance?!?!?!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Reporting the balance the day they post the payment?

creditors can post anytime they want, many companies post mid month you might've just gotten lucky with the timing.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 5
S7
Established Contributor

My report shows a $391 balance, that is paid, but and processed on the site, and the site shows a 0 balance. I didnt want a balance reported, hence paying it early. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

@S7 wrote:

My report shows a $391 balance, that is paid, but and processed on the site, and the site shows a 0 balance. I didnt want a balance reported, hence paying it early. Smiley Sad

oh i read it wrong lol that sucks but no worries it'll rebound next month just mark this date on the calender and check next month.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 5
S7
Established Contributor

Yeah. Smiley Sad Well, when I pulled the report from this site, the balance is reported as well, but the score stayed the same. hmm

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.