Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting time frame for new CSP?

tag
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Reporting time frame for new CSP?

I noticed that my CSP shows up in my online account already, with a due date almost two months away. 

Anyone remember how long it takes for the CSP tradeline to report? Will it not show up until the first statement in July? 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Reporting time frame for new CSP?

It will report after first statement cuts but Chase has been known to delay reporting until the second monthSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

When I first got my CSP (and other Chase cards) it said the same thing (due date like two months later). I called them and told them I wanted the closing date on the 28th. 15 days later (on the 28th) my statement closed! Just call em' and change your statement closing date.

Message 3 of 9
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

When I first got my CSP (and other Chase cards) it said the same thing (due date like two months later). I called them and told them I wanted the closing date on the 28th. 15 days later (on the 28th) my statement closed! Just call em' and change your statement closing date.

Good to know. I may do that in a couple of weeks, synchronize it with my Freedom.

I'm okay with it not reporting yet, and I'm pretty sure my other new and improved lines will do enough harm/good to my scores in the next few weeks. Smiley Happy 

And I'm okay with a 80 day grace period on my first statement. Gives me time to earn my bonus points. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706

Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

Good to know. I may do that in a couple of weeks, synchronize it with my Freedom.

I'm okay with it not reporting yet, and I'm pretty sure my other new and improved lines will do enough harm/good to my scores in the next few weeks. Smiley Happy 

And I'm okay with a 80 day grace period on my first statement. Gives me time to earn my bonus points. 

That's really a default date in system ....Statement will be assessed based on first use

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

I noticed that my CSP shows up in my online account already, with a due date almost two months away. 

Anyone remember how long it takes for the CSP tradeline to report? Will it not show up until the first statement in July? 

Got my CSP last month, reported in three weeks. Initial due date may move up a month as well. Mine was July, now June.

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 6 of 9
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Mine reported a couple days after my first statement cut which was about 5 weeks after approval.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Until I had my card a few weeks, my due date was two months away. I even called to confirm and was assured as much.

Then of course, I knew it would move up a month. Luckily, I recognized that it changed when it did.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Well, Sallie Mae card reported today... and util just disappeared into the floor. Smiley Happy We'll see how the others show up. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.