Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting

ficonovice wrote:
Well, even though I do know from recent first hand experience, I still ask myself "what would Brammy do" and before ever questioning the great one in writing I always think long and hard..

My EXP score went up to 737 then back down to 729 from a BOA inquiry. EQ has peaked over 700 to 703 and TU sits at 680 while I wait for them to report 0 balances on several accounts. Sooo close to trip 7's, but I fear something will derail me (perhaps when the new BOA account reports, but you never know what will happen--that is except for Brammy). Any thoughts?

Who me?  LOL!!!  HELP!!!!

Nah you are right, I usually answer questions I have experience in and 720 and above used to be VERY good but as fluid as the model is that does change...lol

Message 11 of 18
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Just couldn't resist running my FICO's after noticing that my new BOA account was being reported by both EQ and EX ($0 balance, $3,500 limit).

EXP: Up to 739 from 729 (with no other changes being reported). It looks like the inquiry took away 8 points, but as soon as the account reported it increased by 10 points. Net affect = + 2 points

EQ: Up to 730 from 703 (wow, not expected), but there were also 2 old cards now reporting $0 balances. According to the report, most categories are listed as very good: Payment History, Amount of Debt and Length of Credit History. 
Amount of New Credit is listed as bad. My new credit is a Citi PremierPass card and the new BOA card. Citi was received in late October and BOA on Monday.

I'm happy for now. I may ask to do a product change on my PremierPass card to the Diamond Preferred and ask for a CLI.

Any thoughts? 
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as long as the product change doesn't dd a new tradeline you should be fine.
Message 13 of 18
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Yes, before requesting the product change I'll verify that it would replace the current TL, hopefully with the same account number, but maybe that doesn't matter. I really want the Diamond Preferred just because it reports limits and the PremierPass doesn't.

Is it too early to ask for a CLI (just 1.5-2 months)? I don't want a hard pull, but I know that Citi is pulling EQ for me and my score is now higher than it has ever been at 730. If it's a hard pull, I suspect they'd give me an increase, but maybe not because of the new credit I've been seeking recently (only 2 cards for crying out loud...).

Thanks.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ask then ask if they will do a hard
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I switched from diamond preferred to the dp rewards and they kept the same acct number.  If that helps?!Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 18
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Chi, it does. The rewards card looks good. They do report limits right?
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ficonovice wrote:
Thanks Chi, it does. The rewards card looks good. They do report limits right?

Yes, they do report limits.  The downside is the apr is a little higher on the rewards, so watch out for that.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.