Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports?

tag
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Reports?

Will CCCs report to the CB even though I have a $0 reported balance after the statement cuts?

Will I get a monthly statement from a CCC if I have utilized credit from them, but have a $0 reported balance after the statement cuts?

And CRAs will only show the REPORTED balances of each card (I know it's best to keep all, but 1 card reporting)  and not the TOTAL amount of credit utilized per card, right? Also, will the CL of each card be reported to the CRAs regardless?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Reports?

@megaman1 wrote:

Will CCCs report to the CB even though I have a $0 reported balance after the statement cuts?

Will I get a monthly statement from a CCC if I have utilized credit from them, but have a $0 reported balance after the statement cuts?

And CRAs will only show the REPORTED balances of each card (I know it's best to keep all, but 1 card reporting)  and not the TOTAL amount of credit utilized per card, right? Also, will the CL of each card be reported to the CRAs regardless?

Depend on the card some do some don't 

Do a search of the lender there's countless thread of who won't 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@megaman1 wrote:

My experience with ALL of my credit cards (Chase, Cap1, Amex, Citi, Barclays) has been that they DO report and generate a statement with a $0 balance. This helps utilization drastically. 

Obviously, it will be different for each lender, but statement generation is pretty automatic for the big lenders so there shouldn't be too much to worry about there. Only way to find out is to try. Best of luck to you!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 6
megaman1
Regular Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@megaman1 wrote:

My experience with ALL of my credit cards (Chase, Cap1, Amex, Citi, Barclays) has been that they DO report and generate a statement with a $0 balance. This helps utilization drastically. 

Obviously, it will be different for each lender, but statement generation is pretty automatic for the big lenders so there shouldn't be too much to worry about there. Only way to find out is to try. Best of luck to you!

I have Discover It, Chase Freedom, and AMEX BCE, so I think they would all report regardless.

Message 4 of 6
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Discover does not generate a statement if you do not use the card but if you use it and have a 0 balance, (paying during the month) then it will still be reported and a statement will be generated.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
Discover does not generate a statement if you do not use the card but if you use it and have a 0 balance, (paying during the month) then it will still be reported and a statement will be generated.

CORRECT

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.