cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Req - Suggestion on my next step (after secured CC's)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Req - Suggestion on my next step (after secured CC's)

Well, I have collections that will be removed, will have 2 new secured cards (CL will be 2k on at least one by time I app) that will be posting (since I had zero my util will go down from 100% to 6-9%) and I hope to have some serious badies from Sallie mae and Cap1 removed.  This should take my score from 570 (its a bit lower right now due to inquiries) to above 620.  Thus, at 620 (not apping for any card until I'm above that point) which unsecured cards do yall recommend?  I plan on using this card for business travel and would like a card that would grow well into that intended purpose.

Thanks,

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Req - Suggestion on my next step (after secured CC's)

Chase Freedom or a Barclaycard would be the two prime cards that you might qualify for with a 630+ score. I wouldn't reccomend Capital One cards because they won't grow with you unless you qualify for a Venture card.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 3
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Req - Suggestion on my next step (after secured CC's)

Jlu wrote:

Chase Freedom or a Barclaycard would be the two prime cards that you might qualify for with a 630+ score. I wouldn't reccomend Capital One cards because they won't grow with you unless you qualify for a Venture card.

I have a business account with chase for my condo association.  I have had good results with them.  Im not sure on Barclay as it seems they seem to lower your CL on a frequent basis.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.