Established Member
SomeGuyNamedFred

Request CLI After Auto Luv?

I got my first cc at the end of March (Chase Freedom $500 CL), and was planning on requesting a CLI after the 6th statement, but tonight I went online and saw that they gave me a $300 auto increase right before my 5th statement cut.  As the saying goes, any luv is good luv, but $800 is still nowhere near enough to match my spend, plus I'm hoping to get an Amex in a month (either BCE or Costco TE), and would like to get as high a limit as possible before I apply.  

Would it be worth a HP on a CLI request, and has that ever been approved after an auto CLI?   I wouldn't want to do it unless there was a really good chance of getting my limit to $1500 or more.  My stats are listed below:

Credit Cards:  Chase Freedom (opened 3/28/13, $800 CL)

AAOA: 7 years (heavily weighted on Student Loans)

FICO scores:  EX 772 (July 2013)..... EQ 762 (Dec 2012)......TU ???

Inquiries:   EX 2,,,,,,,EQ 0,,,,,,,TU 0

Income: 75K - 80K

No baddies, always PIF

Util: I pay down multiple times a month and leave a little b4 statement cuts so it reports < 8%

Thanks in advance!

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

Re: Request CLI After Auto Luv?

There is not a "really good chance".  You might be able to squeeze some more out of it though.  You can surely request more.  Be prepared to take a HP.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:701
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
pizzadude

Re: Request CLI After Auto Luv?

Also be aware that some creditors only allow 1 CLI within a certain period of time, like every 6 months.    Not sure about Chase's policy though.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+