Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request CLI on MC QS1?

tag
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

Request CLI on MC QS1?

So I've cleared my third month statement with this card. My SL was for $500. I have used the card frequently every month and have paid on time, every single month thus far. Currently have a $300 balance but will be paying about $285 of that before end of next week.

My question is, since I'm the credit steps program and I've gone past the third month with good activity and responsibility, should I hit the love button yet? Or should I just wait for the auto CLI after my 5th statement?

From my conversation with a chat rep, they said I'm prequalified for a $750 credit line after my 5th statement through the Credit Steps Program.

Thoughts?

TU FICO 8 as of 7/2016 = 606 | TU FICO 9 as of 7/2016 = 660 | TU FICO 4 as of 7/2016 = 657 | GOAL: 760+
13 REPLIES 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Request CLI on MC QS1?

Give it a try. You have nothing to lose, it's a SP..

Many people have had success after the 3rd statement, and, you will still gete your regular steps increase on top of it, if they give you a CLI

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 14
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

Give it a try. You have nothing to lose, it's a SP..

Many people have had success after the 3rd statement, and, you will still gete your regular steps increase on top of it, if they give you a CLI

That's a good point. I'll give a shot here then and see what comes up! I just figured that my balance should be at it's lowest before trying or maybe even waiting more time if needed. Given that it's a soft pull, it won't hurt anything

TU FICO 8 as of 7/2016 = 606 | TU FICO 9 as of 7/2016 = 660 | TU FICO 4 as of 7/2016 = 657 | GOAL: 760+
Message 3 of 14
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

Welp, I got a approved lol but only for $100 increase. So new CL is $600

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's $100 more than you had available yestersay! Congrats, even though it is a small CLI.

But, on a percentage basis, 20% isnt that horrible

Message 5 of 14
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's $100 more than you had available yestersay! Congrats, even though it is a small CLI.

Good Point! I'm happy either way cause it was approved lol So I'm smiling ear to ear

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase! As mentioned you'll still get Credit Steps.

My QS1 was similar: started at $500, I was told I'd get a $250 increase at month 5, I requested a CLI and got $100 at month 3. However, when Credit Steps rolled around they gave me $500 instead of $250 so it's entirely possible Credit Steps may give you more than what they say they will. Smiley Happy best of luck with the card and enjoy it!
Message 7 of 14
NJ_Patriot
New Contributor

That's good to hear! I hope I have the same outcome then! I've really been enjoying the card for sure!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently received a cli on my QS1 and should be getting steps this month in October. So you only get steps when the statement cuts?
Message 9 of 14
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@NJ_Patriot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Point! I'm happy either way cause it was approved lol So I'm smiling ear to ear

I also started with a low-limit "rebuilder" card with them, which eventually got changed to a QS1, and then bumped up to a full QS a few months ago along with a 2X CLI, making it my largest limit *and* lowest APR. It didn't happen overnight, but you'll get there, too. Cap1's been pretty kind to me even after a CO with Chase (which finally came off of 2 of my 3 reports last week), so I repay the favor by using the QS almost exclusively.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.