Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request CLI with BoA now or wait?

tag
USF
Established Member

Request CLI with BoA now or wait?

I currently have a BoA 123 cash rewards card that was PC'd a few months ago from a regular platinum visa. It currently has a $800 limit with 0 balance. I recently opened a Chase Freedom last month with $1800 limit (which is the highest reported CL atm) and an Amex BCE this month with $2000 limit (has not reported) as well as an Amex Zync. Should I request a CLI now or wait until the BCE reports sometime next month.

My worries is that if I wait until after the BCE reports they might be reluctant on giving me more credit after opening 3 cards in 2 months. What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
G19OD
Contributor

Re: Request CLI with BoA now or wait?

I spoke to BoA very recently myself. I had a student visa with a $700, that I PC'ed to 1-2-3 Cash Rewards with a CL now of $1.9k.

I wanted it higher, but they said they want at least 6 months before I ask for more (or they would consider).

Do you have 6 months of history since the increase/PC?

Message 2 of 6
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I would wait until you get your first increase on the Amex. Amex is fairly generous on the first CLI, most forum members report getting a CLI of 2x their current limit 61 days after activation.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 6
USF
Established Member

G19OD, 

I PC'd 2 months ago. When they gave you the CLI was it a soft or hard pull?

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@USF wrote:

G19OD, 

I PC'd 2 months ago. When they gave you the CLI was it a soft or hard pull?

BOFA is almost always a HP for a customer-initiated CLI.  Simply expect it if you ask for it.

        
Message 5 of 6
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

id say wait six months at least. i have boa plat plus and cash rewards and i asked for cli after 6 months for both and got 1000 more for the plat and 3000 more for the cash rewards. so now my plat is at 3k and cash rewards at 5k.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.