cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Amex to manually review account - possibly backfiring?

tag
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: REQUEST FOR AMEX TO MANUALLY REVIEW ACCOUNT- POSSIBLY BACKFIRING?

While some view credit as a game, credit is a priveledge. Sometimes to get higher in the line, you have to pay your dues. (that is garden and wait) Time is the best ally for higher clis and better interest rates. If everybody was at the top, what good would credit be?

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 11 of 18
adavis425
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

I can definitely empathize with you. I almost got my hands burned today by GECRB because of greed. They've been extremely good to me with CLIs but I just couldn't stop myself from calling their backdoor number and requesting even more CLI just a few days after the last one. Well today when I called they locked my accounts and I had to call up their customer service and go through a verification process to get my access restored. It was a little unnerving and it had me thinking that I have to practice more restraint and control this compulsion of mine.

There is nothing wrong with having an aggressive credit growth strategy, but one has to thread carefully as to not overdo it and risk dangerous consequences.

However in your case, I think you might just end up with another rejection and a possible HP from Amex... or they might even approve it (you never know with Amex). I think the issue with people like you and me is that after reading forums like this and playing the credit game for a while, we find it hard to take no for an answer and think we can recon every single thing. Sometimes it's best to let certain things go as pursuing it could bring more trouble than it's worth. For example, I was denied by Barclays for a CLI today. I called again and a second credit analyst also denied me because they said I have too many new accounts and they want to see more history. I decided to give it up because I know was getting nowhere with that and I didn't want to damage my relationship with them.

I think I've hit rock bottom as I just applied for the Walmart card everyone is talking about...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!.......YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR $900...What!? Are you kidding me??? I called and closed it immediately.  The account was open for a total of 4 minutes.  The representative said it will update tonight and I pray it does not show up on my report other than the HP.

You have to be willing to accept a low limit card from them initially they grow quickly. Trust me they are a good lender and will take care of you if you take care of them.

+1. My Wal-Mart Discover was opened with a $800 cl in September. By mid-November I was up to $8,000! I'd see about getting that account back if I were you. Not to mention the free TU FICO.
AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 12 of 18
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

I can definitely empathize with you. I almost got my hands burned today by GECRB because of greed. They've been extremely good to me with CLIs but I just couldn't stop myself from calling their backdoor number and requesting even more CLI just a few days after the last one. Well today when I called they locked my accounts and I had to call up their customer service and go through a verification process to get my access restored. It was a little unnerving and it had me thinking that I have to practice more restraint and control this compulsion of mine.

There is nothing wrong with having an aggressive credit growth strategy, but one has to thread carefully as to not overdo it and risk dangerous consequences.

However in your case, I think you might just end up with another rejection and a possible HP from Amex... or they might even approve it (you never know with Amex). I think the issue with people like you and me is that after reading forums like this and playing the credit game for a while, we find it hard to take no for an answer and think we can recon every single thing. Sometimes it's best to let certain things go as pursuing it could bring more trouble than it's worth. For example, I was denied by Barclays for a CLI today. I called again and a second credit analyst also denied me because they said I have too many new accounts and they want to see more history. I decided to give it up because I know was getting nowhere with that and I didn't want to damage my relationship with them.

I think I've hit rock bottom as I just applied for the Walmart card everyone is talking about...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!.......YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR $900...What!? Are you kidding me??? I called and closed it immediately.  The account was open for a total of 4 minutes.  The representative said it will update tonight and I pray it does not show up on my report other than the HP.

You have to be willing to accept a low limit card from them initially they grow quickly. Trust me they are a good lender and will take care of you if you take care of them.

+1. My Wal-Mart Discover was opened with a $800 cl in September. By mid-November I was up to $8,000! I'd see about getting that account back if I were you. Not to mention the free TU FICO.

I just called them back and the account has been closed.  I would have to re-apply.  Are these large CLI automatic or are you requesting these?  Hard pull? Large increses on the Non- discover walmart as well?

Message 13 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

I just called them back and the account has been closed.  I would have to re-apply.  Are these large CLI automatic or are you requesting these?  Hard pull? Large increses on the Non- discover walmart as well?

All SP CLI's from GE. You have to call their credit solutions line 1-877-379-8173

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 18
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

All SP CLI's from GE. You have to call their credit solutions line 1-877-379-8173

Thank you everyone for your concern.  I called their credit solutions number and was told that they could re-open it but would have to speak to customer service.  I was transfered to a customer service suprivisor that advised me that nothing could be done and that I may have to wait up to a year to re-apply.

Message 15 of 18
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

Thank you everyone for your concern.  I called their credit solutions number and was told that they could re-open it but would have to speak to customer service.  I was transfered to a customer service suprivisor that advised me that nothing could be done and that I may have to wait up to a year to re-apply.

Red;

You registered with MyFico over 2 years ago, you must have done so for a reason.  Why on earth did you not research the forum about  Walmart cards before you applied as well as before closing it?  That's what these forums are for.

I seriously hope AMEX doesn't AA you in any way and am sorry to hear you closed the Walmart card before researching here.   I hope you remember to research here in the future and that this thread reminds others to do so as well.     It's really a good idea to read threads on here rather frequently if one bothers to find MyFico in the first place (they usually have a reason).

I really wish you had stumbled across info on Walmart accounts before hand so you would have been better informed and handled the situation to your advantage.   A year goes by rather quickly, remember to look into Walmart info here next time you're thinking of applying for them again (sometimes things change).

It's very possible, if you're able to get your utilization down by then, that you could be approved for a Walmart Discover next time.  My fingers are crossed for you on the AMEX request in the meantime.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 16 of 18
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@redwalker2929 wrote:

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

Red;

You registered with MyFico over 2 years ago, you must have done so for a reason.  Why on earth did you not research the forum about  Walmart cards before you applied as well as before closing it?  That's what these forums are for.

I seriously hope AMEX doesn't AA you in any way and am sorry to hear you closed the Walmart card before researching here.   I hope you remember to research here in the future and that this thread reminds others to do so as well.     It's really a good idea to read threads on here rather frequently if one bothers to find MyFico in the first place (they usually have a reason).

I really wish you had stumbled across info on Walmart accounts before hand so you would have been better informed and handled the situation to your advantage.   A year goes by rather quickly, remember to look into Walmart info here next time you're thinking of applying for them again (sometimes things change).

It's very possible, if you're able to get your utilization down by then, that you could be approved for a Walmart Discover next time.  My fingers are crossed for you on the AMEX request in the meantime.

Thank you so much for that thoughtful reponse!!  I agree with my lack of insight on that one.  I'm normally much more strealthy that what I have displayed today.  I went ahead and re-applied but for the PayPal extras mastercard and was approved for $1500, which seems to be a decent amount from what I've read and seen on here.  I'm glad to start buisness with a company that allows SP and regular CLI.  I will start to read about the soonest I can look forward to an increase.  Anyone know if I can have the card overnighted?

Message 17 of 18
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

OP, if you think that  your starting CL with Walmart was insulting, guess what my starting CL was, last Sept?

$150!! 

Oh, I was so taken aback! But thankfully, some kind folks on here advised me to recon it, and GE immediately increased me to $1,500. 3 months later, I called and requested a $5,000 increase, up to $6,500, and this, too, was instantly granted. So it is best to just hang in there with GE. 

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.