Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested AMEX CLI on older card

tag
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Requested AMEX CLI on older card

Hi!

I've had my AMEX since 2005. It started out with a $2k limit. Then some time after, I think it was longer than 61 days, they automatically gave me the 3x CLI (limit still currently $6k). That was years ago. I just updated my income profile (which has increased dramatically) and requested a $2k increase and I got the 7-10 day message. So I think that means it was declined? (If it was, no big deal, I have high utilization but that will change by the end of this year and I'll just try again after the credit reports are updated).

Just wanted your thoughts to confirm that it was likely declined.

Thanks!

Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jd352
Regular Contributor

Re: Requested AMEX CLI on older card

I had utilization as well. I wouldn't say it was high (5,000 of 70,000 total available). It is all on my Citi card but Amex didn't like that. My income was also about 25k higher than what they had in their systems. I got the same message and when the letter came in they listed Debt-to-income as the reasoning for the denial. Guess they really don't want you to have any debt at all for a CLI.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.