cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested VISA got unwanted MasterCard. Removing unauthorized credit inquiry and card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requested VISA got unwanted MasterCard. Removing unauthorized credit inquiry and card?

OhhhhhSmiley Sad You would think i would know that. But I never received a card that i didn't want. I guess in that case your screwed. Just keep the line on their and just deal with it till they get some real teeth in these regulations. They will....that being congress, WILL pass and make law regulation to reign these Credit Card company's in on their practices. Like issuing $200 lines of credit with $90 annual fees calling it a Platinum card, jacking up rates for no reason, and charging late fees as well when non were warranted. I think it's high time that they reign these #astards in.Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 33
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Requested VISA got unwanted MasterCard. Removing unauthorized credit inquiry and card?

To all those poster's who think more regulations by our illustrious Congress will make the situation better are living in a dream world. More meddling will further screw up the system and will have the effect of squelching credit for those on the lower end and raising cost of credit for everyone else. In other words, this legislation will hurt those who have been helped the most over the last few years by relaxed credit issuance. More legislation is not what is needed. In the end we have to be responsible for the wise use of credit. That takes education and personal responsibility. Those that want to have more laws do this work for us will come to regret it.
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchmann wrote:
To all those poster's who think more regulations by our illustrious Congress will make the situation better are living in a dream world. More meddling will further screw up the system and will have the effect of squelching credit for those on the lower end and raising cost of credit for everyone else. In other words, this legislation will hurt those who have been helped the most over the last few years by relaxed credit issuance. More legislation is not what is needed. In the end we have to be responsible for the wise use of credit. That takes education and personal responsibility. Those that want to have more laws do this work for us will come to regret it.

It's that type of additude right there is the reason these banks have run away. They took all the regulations off the banks when they repealed The Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 in the late 90's. I'm all about personal responsiblity, but if a recall things were very good during the early 90's plenty of money plenty of jobs, plenty of credit. Guess what they took away Glass-Steagall and the banks started taking over. Guess what...buddy it's time this chains got put back on. They may not resolve everything. BUT SOMETHING IS BETTER THEN NOTHING AT ALL. Something needs to be done at the banking practices in this country. PERIOD  

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa has slightly better acceptance useful in less developed countries., otherwise not much of a difference.
Message 14 of 33
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:
So since you are against education, where do you suppose that people will get it?
Message 15 of 33
keithc
Regular Contributor

Kudos watchman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those people in the low 6's will find it very hard to get cc's if there is mor reg.!!!
Message 16 of 33
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can call them and ask for a product change. I am sure they will be happy to change your card.

Message 17 of 33
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@keithc wrote:
Kudos watchman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those people in the low 6's will find it very hard to get cc's if there is mor reg.!!!
And? If you're in the low 6's you shouldn't have any problems getting a secured card.
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing you might try is calling their corporate HQ-- don't bother with asking a CSR for the phone number. Google their SEC filing and get it from there. Ask for media relations. Kindly & calmly explain the situation to the Media Relations Rep, and explain that you have no idea where to direct your concerns to, because the CSRs were unable or unwilling to address your concerns. The Media Relations person will transfer you to the "Executive Customer Service" -- above the call centers. They have the power to help you. You'll have to convince them to do just that.

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos Watchman....Just look at where just talking about regulation has gotten us! More talk of rate-jacking than I've ever seen on this board. Can't wait to see what happens since Pres. spoke today on credit card reg. They need to leave it alone already! Their micro-meddling can only makes things worse.

Sorry for going off topic.

OP, I would love to hear if you do manage to get this matter corrected. I'm with Hauling though, I can't tell the difference in the cards.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.