Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting CL increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting CL increase

I am thinking of asking for a CL increase on my Sony Visa to have more revolving credit and lower my % of credit used. Will asking for an increase affect my score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scoreclimber
Established Member

Re: Requesting CL increase

It probably depends on whether they do a hard inq or a soft one.  A hard inq may hurt.  Just ask them when you call how they determine their cli's.  If it's a hard inq, tell them no thanks!

Message Edited by scoreclimber on 11-06-2007 10:16 AM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do a hard pull then you will have an inq. Before you agree to a CLI ask if they will do a hard or soft pull. Some CCC's review your account (without pulling your CR) and give you one but others don't.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've called every 6 months to get a limit increase on my Wells Fargo Visa, and each time my score went up slightly. They just ask for your annual income, and approve you over the phone without an inquiry into your report. On the other hand, I called my Chase MasterCard to get a limit increase and they required me to authorize an credit check. I authorized the check, got the increase, but my FICO went down due to the inquiry.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.