cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Change of Status from Secured to Nonsecured Mastercard - Orchard Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting Change of Status from Secured to Nonsecured Mastercard - Orchard Bank

I have tried without success to determine guidelines used by HSBC Card Services (Orchard Bank Mastercard)in converting a secured card to nonsecured. Does anyone have an idea of the timeframe and Fico scores required? I don't want to make the request without having this info since HSBC will be checking my credit score and I'm doing everything I can to raise my scores. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Requesting Change of Status from Secured to Nonsecured Mastercard - Orchard Bank

Hi! Moving this post to the credit cards forum.

Message Edited by fused on 02-25-2008 10:57 AM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requesting Change of Status from Secured to Nonsecured Mastercard - Orchard Bank

Reed wrote:
I have tried without success to determine guidelines used by HSBC Card Services (Orchard Bank Mastercard)in converting a secured card to nonsecured. Does anyone have an idea of the timeframe and Fico scores required? I don't want to make the request without having this info since HSBC will be checking my credit score and I'm doing everything I can to raise my scores. Thanks in advance for any replies.

The typical answer is never.  I've never seen anyone have success unsecuring an Orchard Secured card.

I requested to have my card unsecured 10 days ago.  They said I'd be receiving a letter with their answer in ten days, which would be today.  I'm expecting they'll tell me it's a no-go, at which point I will be kicking them to the curb.

If you want a secured card that will eventually unsecure, try BofA fully secured or 99/500, National City, or a local CU.

Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I heard citi is also very good in making their secured products unsecured.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.