Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a CLI on a maxxed out card

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Requesting a CLI on a maxxed out card

probablay the best thing you can do is keep paying it down as much as possible, chase for one has sent out invites to SP CLI's on maxed card, my son switched jobs a few months back  (former Blockbuster employee), his new job pays less, and he managed to get his Freedom card to 110% UTL, he recieved such an offer via the mail and he accepted and they gave him a 2k  CLI, on a maxed out card. With chase I think your best chances are to just accept that you are maxed out keep paying, keep your score improving, and UTL going down until they offer a better solution.  And hope they see this as a short term issue and don't balance chase you. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 14
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I kind of figured they'd be open to giving you increases because a maxxed limit shows you need more. This give me hope. I'll only be in this situation for six more months. 

Message 12 of 14
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I kind of figured they'd be open to giving you increases because a maxxed limit shows you need more. This give me hope. I'll only be in this situation for six more months. 

I feel worse that someone charged you $8000 to do a boiler.  The only way I charge that much is if there also an indirect fired water with that even then it might not be that much.

Message 13 of 14
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

I feel worse that someone charged you $8000 to do a boiler.  The only way I charge that much is if there also an indirect fired water with that even then it might not be that much.

LOL. I also converted from Oil to Gas. The whole process was painful. So glad that nightmare is over! 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.