Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a CRA for CLI

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Requesting a CRA for CLI

If I'm eligible for a soft pull for a CLI, can I really request which CRA to pull from? I had heard you could so this... What's the best way to make sure they pull the right one?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Requesting a CRA for CLI

Some companies will definitely allow you to do this! What you would have to do is call a CSR for whatever card company you're looking for the increase, ask them some preliminary questions (e.g. WIll this be a soft pull? Can you pull from a bureau of my choice?) If the answers satisfy you, and you can confirm from the CSR that yes, they will pull from TU or EX or EQ, then go for it!

In terms of making sure they pulled the right one, you'd need a credit monitoring service from whatever report. TU and EQ can be easily obtained, EX is a little tricky. You can find free trials or free services though that'll allow you to review recent inqs.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

You can also lock the reports that you don't want creditors to access.

Message 3 of 5
OwNt
New Contributor

Asking a front line CSR about a soft pull/hard pull and which specific CRA is going to be pulled is an excersize in futility.

You would need to speak directly to an underwriter to guarantee the results you want. Even then, policy differs greatly per bank, and they may be suspicious that you want a certain CRA to be pulled. Unless you have derogatories on certain CRA's, hard pulls are not that harmful.

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 4 of 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
If I'm eligible for a soft pull for a CLI, can I really request which CRA to pull from? I had heard you could so this... What's the best way to make sure they pull the right one?

You can request, but the general conception is that you have something to hide. Most reps will shut you down thinking there is something you don't want them to see.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.