Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting credit line increase

tag
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Requesting credit line increase

@navistar wrote:

does it hurt credit if you are denied? I have been approved by one credit card and thinking about requesting with another card.

For me the key to my CLIs has been asking when my util is low. 

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 21 of 28
navistar
Regular Contributor

it will be zero balance in 3 days. i can wait until it clears. balance is $274 of $1000 right now

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692
Barclay Transunion - 682 (Last Updated 03/21/14)

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Current Utilization - 52% / AAoA - 6yrs
Message 22 of 28
navistar
Regular Contributor

Just got off phone with GE Care Credit customer service and they only do HP

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Message 23 of 28
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@OptimalCS wrote:

@navistar wrote:

does it hurt credit if you are denied? I have been approved by one credit card and thinking about requesting with another card.

For me the key to my CLIs has been asking when my util is low. 

Well you have some nice Citi CLs! 40k at Home Depot sounds like a very nice home renewal to me! 20k on TYP is pretty dang awesome, too! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 28
navistar
Regular Contributor

those do sound good. sadly i dont own a home yet. i will be gardening until its time to apply for a mortgage. I figure if my credit scores are around 680 and 3 out of 4 cards have over 50% balance, it will do some good to get them under 10%

Edit: i also have one baddie on each credit agency from 2009 that will fall off soon with a succesful gw letter

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692

Message 25 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@navistar wrote:

Just got off phone with GE Care Credit customer service and they only do HP

Id do it unless you are buying a house in the next year... ask for $20k

Message 26 of 28
navistar
Regular Contributor

i think you are right credit addict. It will probably be 1 year before i buy a home and that will allow inquiry to fall off of fico score right? I may wait a few days to let my only bad items on credit fall off so i can get as much as possible out of care credit.

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692

Message 27 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@navistar wrote:

i think you are right credit addict. It will probably be 1 year before i buy a home and that will allow inquiry to fall off of fico score right? I may wait a few days to let my only bad items on credit fall off so i can get as much as possible out of care credit.

sounds good.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.