Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required scores for USAA cards??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Required scores for USAA cards??

I have joined USAA and switched my car insurance to them.  Several months ago I applied for a card but was denied, I was overly optomistic because I was too early in the rebuilding process to get approved.  I was wondering if anyone has a sense of what the magic scores are for USAA and which agencies they pull?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Required scores for USAA cards??

I have no idea what credit scores they require, but I do believe they also check the CHEX system and if you are listed there, it is an auto-decline.

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redbeard wrote:
I have no idea what credit scores they require, but I do believe they also check the CHEX system and if you are listed there, it is an auto-decline.

Thanks, not listed in CHEX, their reasons for denial were scores too low, too many new accounts in the past 12 months.

Message 3 of 6
msbia
Established Contributor

OP, I would work on the things listed in the denials. If you have baddies on your EQ try to clear them up, let your new accounts age some as well and try again. For me, I started with a $250 secured Amex through them (full member), raised it $500 within a month and three months later applied for unsecured MC with an EQ of about 650 and was approved for $7k. A week or so later applied for unsecured Amex and was approved for $4.5k. this was April 2014. Righ.t now those cards are at $21k and 18k. Work on those reports and garden strong! Good luck. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 4 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

They pulled EQ04 for me September 2014. A 740 score got me $10K CL with 25.99% APR.

YIKES!!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

OP, I would work on the things listed in the denials. If you have baddies on your EQ try to clear them up, let your new accounts age some as well and try again. For me, I started with a $250 secured Amex through them (full member), raised it $500 within a month and three months later applied for unsecured MC with an EQ of about 650 and was approved for $7k. A week or so later applied for unsecured Amex and was approved for $4.5k. this was April 2014. Righ.t now those cards are at $21k and 18k. Work on those reports and garden strong! Good luck. 

Thanks, this helps, I will be gardening till spring and then if my scores are 700 plus I will give it a shot.  Might go the secured route in the mean time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.