Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for American Express..

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Re: Requirements for American Express..

7 of them falling off in feb.. 2 more in April. But yeah im going to wait, I currently have no debt on my credit. PIF each month. 

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 21 of 26
sjt
Senior Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

7 of them falling off in feb.. 2 more in April. But yeah im going to wait, I currently have no debt on my credit. PIF each month. 

Did you go online to find out why you were denied.

Also, even though you PIF each month you balance is still reported to the CR and its those balances they use to calculate your utilization ratio.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 26
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@XGAC , You should wait until the inquirires (all of them) to drop before applying for an AMEX Charge Card. They see your limits on a couple of cards under 1000 and the inquiries at the moment makes it appear like you're trying to attain to much credit ( considering your current limits). I would garden for a little bit to allow the new credit cards to get established (atleast 6 months) before applying for the card. Also, check to see if you can get an increase on some of the lower limit cards (cards under 1000) as AMEX read that as a red flag at times.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 23 of 26
xgac12x
Established Contributor

My Discover just got a CLI to 800 about 2 weeks ago, (automatically) and my BoA I wonder if I call in the spring they will possibly give me a large increase to match Chase? Should I apply for the AMEX before I ask for the CLI's..

Message 24 of 26
xgac12x
Established Contributor

@ SJT - I always leave a small 1-2% balance on my card (Chase Only) rest I do not show a balance on my statement

Message 25 of 26
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

My Discover just got a CLI to 800 about 2 weeks ago, (automatically) and my BoA I wonder if I call in the spring they will possibly give me a large increase to match Chase? Should I apply for the AMEX before I ask for the CLI's..

I would apply for the BofA CLI before AMEX first. But when you do, let me know how it goes since I've trying to raise my CL with them for about 2 years. 

- efranklin23

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.