Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for Amex Plat

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Requirements for Amex Plat

Hi All,

Im working on getting my score up, currently at 670, and am planning on app'ing for an Amex Plat or Green in the next several months. So I'm curious if any of you haveinfo on what scores would qualify me for the Amex Platinum?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Requirements for Amex Plat

From what I've read (though I'm definitely not an expert, some may have differing opinions), the requirements for charge cards (other than possibly the zync) don't differ that much. I've read that one of the big differences is really income. The plat may operate a little differently, but that's all I know Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Did you pay off your former AMEX charge off,  they have a long memory with an unpaid chargeoff your unlikely to get  a platimum card. 

don't forget you also receive a nice $450 AF if you are accepted and only 1 pts per dollar spent, unless you travel alot, the amex PR gold  has a much nicer rewards package. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

From what I've read (though I'm definitely not an expert, some may have differing opinions), the requirements for charge cards (other than possibly the zync) don't differ that much. I've read that one of the big differences is really income. The plat may operate a little differently, but that's all I know Smiley Very Happy 

I'd be willing to bet that the underwriting criteria for Green, Gold and Platinum was identical.  The Zync with NPSL could be a touch easier, but is probably pretty much the same as well.  I'm not even sure income qualifications vary that much.  

To the OP, if you are going to go for an Amex charge card and want to the Platinum, go for it as I don't think it would make it easier going for Green.

Message 4 of 8
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

If you qualify for a green you would most likely qualify for a plat as the underwriting is very similar if not identical

Willingness to pay a $450 af is the only real requirement afaik.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 5 of 8
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The Amex plat isn't that difficult to get approved for. In reality none of their charge cards are. If you have a 680-700 FICO, no major/recent baddies and a high income you'll be fine.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 8
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Requirements for Amex Platinum

I was offered a pc from Gold to Platinum. After reviewing the benefits structure, Platinum benefits would not offset the increased annual fee for my use patterns.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 7 of 8
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Requirements for Amex Platinum

thanks everyone, I do travel alot so may go for the Amex PRG but gotta tell ya; there would be alot of satisfaction in getting back the Platinum I once had...Kinda lot an accomplishment.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.