Established Member
saggy1

Re: Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

[ Edited ]

This card can be obtained one of two ways; high income and ok-good credit or modest income and great credit. I fit the second one and got the card...

Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

It's honestly not that difficult to obtain, and has similar requirements to the CSP before it was lowered. A FICO in the 700s, no recent or major baddies plus a decent income should be sufficient.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
New Contributor
melbaro

Have you tried calling the recon number for a decision?

Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

Yes, I called last night and was still the decision is still pending. You cannot recon something that's pending.

Valued Contributor
jsucool76

WhiteCollar wrote:

Yes, I called last night and was still the decision is still pending. You cannot recon something that's pending.

I think melbaro meant to have them review your app right then on the phone as opposed to reconning. 

Wallet: Capital One Quicksilver 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 3000CL, Walmart Discover: 3500CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 2600CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 2700CL, Amex PRG
New Contributor
Elcid89

I frankly didn't see much of a difference between JPM Select and Sapphire Preferred. Relatively the same rates, rewards and AF.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Valued Contributor
bribro

Elcid89 wrote:

I frankly didn't see much of a difference between JPM Select and Sapphire Preferred. Relatively the same rates, rewards and AF.

Here's a quick summary I put together contrasting the JPM Select and CSP (it's been copy and pasted in a few threads now):

So the advantages of JPM Select over CSP are:

• Hidden TL
  • EMV chip & signature
  • Primary rental car CDW
  • No late or over limit fees
  • 25k points bonus after $100k yearly spend

And the disavantages are:

• Weaker rewards (2x airfare, hotel, and car rentals vs. 2x on ALL travel and food with CSP)
  • No 7% annual points dividend
  • No sign-up bonus (currently 40k points with CSP)
  • Plain plastic credit card
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Established Member
Captain4Ever

From my understanding, JPM Select is a hidden tradeline, no reporting at all.

How come it would contribute to your CR ? Also it will hit you will an inquiry as well.

Valued Contributor
jsucool76

Captain4Ever wrote:

From my understanding, JPM Select is a hidden tradeline, no reporting at all.

How come it would contribute to your CR ? Also it will hit you will an inquiry as well.

It doesn't contribute to your CR. Many like it because it allows them to carry a balance without it affecting their util since it doesn't report. 

Wallet: Capital One Quicksilver 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 3000CL, Walmart Discover: 3500CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 2600CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 2700CL, Amex PRG

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+