cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

tag
saggy1
Established Member

Re: Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

This card can be obtained one of two ways; high income and ok-good credit or modest income and great credit. I fit the second one and got the card...

Message 21 of 29
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

It's honestly not that difficult to obtain, and has similar requirements to the CSP before it was lowered. A FICO in the 700s, no recent or major baddies plus a decent income should be sufficient.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 29
melbaro
New Contributor

Have you tried calling the recon number for a decision?

Message 23 of 29
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Yes, I called last night and was still the decision is still pending. You cannot recon something that's pending.

Message 24 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

Yes, I called last night and was still the decision is still pending. You cannot recon something that's pending.

I think melbaro meant to have them review your app right then on the phone as opposed to reconning. 

Message 25 of 29
Elcid89
Contributor

I frankly didn't see much of a difference between JPM Select and Sapphire Preferred. Relatively the same rates, rewards and AF.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 26 of 29
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

I frankly didn't see much of a difference between JPM Select and Sapphire Preferred. Relatively the same rates, rewards and AF.

Here's a quick summary I put together contrasting the JPM Select and CSP (it's been copy and pasted in a few threads now):

So the advantages of JPM Select over CSP are:

• Hidden TL
  • EMV chip & signature
  • Primary rental car CDW
  • No late or over limit fees
  • 25k points bonus after $100k yearly spend

And the disavantages are:

• Weaker rewards (2x airfare, hotel, and car rentals vs. 2x on ALL travel and food with CSP)
  • No 7% annual points dividend
  • No sign-up bonus (currently 40k points with CSP)
  • Plain plastic credit card
TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 27 of 29
Captain4Ever
Established Member

From my understanding, JPM Select is a hidden tradeline, no reporting at all.

How come it would contribute to your CR ? Also it will hit you will an inquiry as well.

Message 28 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Captain4Ever wrote:

From my understanding, JPM Select is a hidden tradeline, no reporting at all.

How come it would contribute to your CR ? Also it will hit you will an inquiry as well.

It doesn't contribute to your CR. Many like it because it allows them to carry a balance without it affecting their util since it doesn't report. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.