Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of the credit score, salary needed for this card....or forthat matter anything thing else? I have a low limit Chase Freedom nuthigh CL on NFCU ( $7500) and just planning on which card I want next....in about 4 mos. I'm hoping to be across the 700 line by then.

Thx

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of the credit score, salary needed for this card....or forthat matter anything thing else? I have a low limit Chase Freedom nuthigh CL on NFCU ( $7500) and just planning on which card I want next....in about 4 mos. I'm hoping to be across the 700 line by then.

Thx

AFAIK the JPM Select is no longer open to the public. 

Message 2 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Thx

+1

I wonder why they are still keeping it on their website. If you can't just apply for it, at least put a number to call or something like the Palladium.

Message 3 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Thx

+1

I wonder why they are still keeping it on their website. If you can't just apply for it, at least put a number to call or something like the Palladium.

I think I read that you can still apply for it at a branch, just not on the site. 

Zync is still on the amex site too, just can't app for it. They're trying to tease us. 

Message 4 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Thx

+1

I think I read that you can still apply for it at a branch, just not on the site. 

Zync is still on the amex site too, just can't app for it. They're trying to tease us. 

ALright, at least put a note next to the card saying 'Apply through a branch only' ?

How would your normal average person know? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 29
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Thx

+1

Here's a copy and paste of my post from the thread discussing the disabling of the JPM Select online app:

"Don't get too excited people. I spoke to my colleague in the JPMC credit department and he said the online app was taken down due to a slew of fraudulent apps. The scammers were targeting the JPM Select card because the hidden TL made it harder for people to detect identity theft. For now, you'll have to apply for a JPM Select card in person at a branch.

He said they are hoping to have the online application up soon, and that there were no planned changes to the rewards structure etc. He's a VP in the credit LOB so I'll believe him over a CSR/executive office employee."

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Thx

+1

Here's a copy and paste of my post from the thread discussing the disabling of the JPM Select online app:

"Don't get too excited people. I spoke to my colleague in the JPMC credit department and he said the online app was taken down due to a slew of fraudulent apps. The scammers were targeting the JPM Select card because the hidden TL made it harder for people to detect identity theft. For now, you'll have to apply for a JPM Select card in person at a branch.

He said they are hoping to have the online application up soon, and that there were no planned changes to the rewards structure etc. He's a VP in the credit LOB so I'll believe him over a CSR/executive office employee."

That settles that discussion Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 29
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Thx

In answer to OP's original question, my guess is that (when available)  you'd need to be over 700 and probably over 720 or 740.  They will likely pull EX. 

I just sneaked in with JP Morgan Select!   My EX FICO is 743, pristine history, salary over $65K.    Got my card middle of last month.  Initial CL $5000 will CLI at some later point, probably in 6 mo when I want to do some international travel and put it on that card.  No rush to CLI. 

Message 8 of 29
Pworld
Regular Contributor

This is top 3 on my bucket list of cards, so glad the motivation to obtain one is still there. But these days you have to act quick, never know when a product will not be available anymore. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's probably pretty similar to the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  So, you probably want to be at 700 FICO or higher with a decent income.  I read on here someone was approved for a Sapphire with a 690ish FICO and a $24K income, so you don't need to have a really great score or high income.  Of course, the Select could be a little tougher.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.