cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Re: Requirements for JP Morgan Select Visa?

I was able to apply at a branch over the weekend. So as of now, the card is not discontinued. 

Message 11 of 29
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

White Collar,

Did you get approved yet for the JPM select? Could you share ur score and what report theypulled?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. My salary shouldn't be an issue for me it's thecredit score which is continuing to rise but have some paid baddies from about 4 years ago on my CR but I have a checking and money market with Chase.

Message 12 of 29
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

My app is still pending. I will let you know when I know the outcome. I can tell out they pulled TU. Note, I will be moving a CL over from a different Chase product by doing that alone will most likely get me the card. 

Message 13 of 29
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

How does an instant approval work at a branch? Does the teller just say "congrats, you've been approved"? Also, has anyone gotten approves for this card after the 10 day notice? I seem to recall that most or all have been instants? I could be wrong.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 29
melbaro
New Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

My app is still pending. I will let you know when I know the outcome. I can tell out they pulled TU. Note, I will be moving a CL over from a different Chase product by doing that alone will most likely get me the card. 

Did they have to call it in or was it all done on the computer by a banker. If done on the computer, was it a CPC branch?

Message 15 of 29
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Not sure what a CPC branch is but I walked into a regular Chase branch with tellers, bankers and ATM's. I applied with a personal banker completing the app on a PDF form On a computer. He had to call someone b/c he had never heard of the card or had access to the application. The banker then faxed the app to the appropriate department. The banker called yesterday to tell me my app was pending.

Message 16 of 29
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Before Chase started having fraud issues with the card, the application was available online. Now that's no longer the case for the time being. When you were able to apply online, you could recieve an instant decision. The new process does not allow for instant approval. Note, i applied on a Saturday so they did noto process my app until Monday.

Message 17 of 29
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Guess I was lucky with my app!  I was able to apply on line, got the pending message, called in to the back door number and spoke w/credit analyst.  Had to unfreeze my EX report whilst on the phone with them, and then got instant approval. 

Don't know about JPM/Chase customer service in one of their banks, but if it's like most (and the credit union I use), the app has to go to underwriting before a final decision.  With my CU, the loan guy I use can tell me the likelihood of approval based on my scores, but it still has to go to underwriting for the final blessing.  I'm betting Chase/JP Morgan operate similarly in their in-person apps.  I'd be surprised if was instant approval.

Message 18 of 29
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I just called for a status....the app is still pending.

Message 19 of 29
mokong
Regular Contributor

most of the teller doesnt recognize this card...@chase.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.