Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for fidelity amex

tag
dabossman
Contributor

Requirements for fidelity amex

I have a decent credit length. Won't be applying till January anyway, but I'm a student right now with about 15k income. Credit scores are 730-750 and by January it'll be up.

Is a 4.6 year history 2 year aaoa and a 15k income sufficient to get this card
Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Re: Requirements for fidelity amex

I'm interested too. The signup process seems so intimidating.... I dont know why..

Message 2 of 14
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@dabossman wrote:
I have a decent credit length. Won't be applying till January anyway, but I'm a student right now with about 15k income. Credit scores are 730-750 and by January it'll be up.

You're income is 15k and for a student I think is OK but,  do you really have use for another card?

Message 3 of 14
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

@dabossman wrote:

You're income is 15k and for a student I think is OK but,  do you really have use for another card?

2% on everything is not that bad a deal when other cards don't/can't cover for it

Message 4 of 14
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@subwaysandwich wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@dabossman wrote:

2% on everything is not that bad a deal when other cards don't/can't cover for it

The OP's income is $15. If I don't have a good income and money to spend then, all these cards with rewads are useless to me.

Message 5 of 14
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

@subwaysandwich wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@dabossman wrote:

The OP's income is $15. If I don't have a good income and money to spend then, all these cards with rewads are useless to me.

All of OP's cards are non-AF, so he benefits no matter what..?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with peaceonearth here

Yes, the Fidelity Amex is no annual fee and it's 2% cash back

But what on earth do you need that many credit cards for if you're only making 15k? Particularly as a student.

My (biased) opinion: keep 1 Amex with good rewards, keep 1 Visa/MC with good rewards, close the rest, exhibit sound credit practices on those 2 cards, focus on your studies, and when you're making bank, you can apply for all the credit cards you want.

Message 7 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to agree with peaceonearth here

Yes, the Fidelity Amex is no annual fee and it's 2% cash back

But what on earth do you need that many credit cards for if you're only making 15k? Particularly as a student.

My (biased) opinion: keep 1 Amex with good rewards, keep 1 Visa/MC with good rewards, close the rest, exhibit sound credit practices on those 2 cards, focus on your studies, and when you're making bank, you can apply for all the credit cards you want.

It the OP spent the entire $15K on the Fidelity Amex (which presumably isn't possible) he/she would get $300 back.   Using the QuickSilver would return $225.

So at most $75 difference, and in reality much much less.

But, on the other hand, get the card now, take the HP when there is nothing important else to use it for, and get a better AAoA when you apply seriously.  

But only if this is the last card, which it probably won't be.

Message 8 of 14
jugstore
Valued Member

Go for it.  Your scores are decent enough and show that you use credit responsibly, but on the other hand you have a high amout of credit (relative to your annual income).  

One thing to note:  your cap1 QS manages rewards a lot better than Fidelity.  Once you have Fidelity, you can only redeem in $50 increments ($2500 in spend) and that gets deposited into a linked Fidelity cash management account.  It's a lot more convenient with the QS since you can just click click click and the balance magically goes down.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gardening since 5-2014
Message 9 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jugstore wrote:

Go for it.  Your scores are decent enough and show that you use credit responsibly, but on the other hand you have a high amout of credit (relative to your annual income).  

One thing to note:  your cap1 QS manages rewards a lot better than Fidelity.  Once you have Fidelity, you can only redeem in $50 increments ($2500 in spend) and that gets deposited into a linked Fidelity cash management account.  It's a lot more convenient with the QS since you can just click click click and the balance magically goes down.  

Not quite true.  There is a $50 minimum, but you can redeem any amount over that, not just multiples of $50.

But QS is much more convenient for the reason you state, plus rewards post with transactions.  With Fidelity, it happens at statement close.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.