Requirements to upgrade to Chase Freedom Visa Sig

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Requirements to upgrade to Chase Freedom Visa Sig

@ficonightmare wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

@shiftomnimega wrote:

I just got this card last week.  Think there will be any harm asking to upgrade to Visa Sig once I get my sign up bonus?

You'll lose the credit line reporting on your CR, so if this affects you if you have a higher util.

You may or you may not. From what I've read here, those that were pc'd to a Chase signature card still had the CL reporting. But in our case, when Chase pc'd us on their own the CL stopped reporting and it now only shows the high balance.

Regarding how long we had the card, it was at least 2,3 years before they pc'd us. But like i said earlier, we never asked for a PC. Just get a letter in the mail one day stating our card is changing and listing all the benefits on the new card.... blah blah.

I've also heard that if you do it, you preserve it, but it goes away as soon as you get a CLI.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 13
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

@shiftomnimega wrote:

I just got this card last week.  Think there will be any harm asking to upgrade to Visa Sig once I get my sign up bonus?

You'll lose the credit line reporting on your CR, so if this affects you if you have a higher util.

You may or you may not. From what I've read here, those that were pc'd to a Chase signature card still had the CL reporting. But in our case, when Chase pc'd us on their own the CL stopped reporting and it now only shows the high balance.

Regarding how long we had the card, it was at least 2,3 years before they pc'd us. But like i said earlier, we never asked for a PC. Just get a letter in the mail one day stating our card is changing and listing all the benefits on the new card.... blah blah.

I've also heard that if you do it, you preserve it, but it goes away as soon as you get a CLI.

This card is my smallest line.  I can easily afford to lose it.  I just want a Visa man servant. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Has anyone recently upgraded their Chase Freedom Visa to the Chase Freedom Visa Signature? If so, how long did you have the card and what did you do to get it upgraded (called, email, waited, etc).

Also, Does anyone know how long you have to have a card with Chase to upgrade/pc? I am interested in upgrading my Chase Freedom to a Siggy version. Any help appreviated!! Thanks!

Hi UFGuy,    I haven't/didn't request it ... it just happned to me.   And I'm not happy about this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Yikes-A-letter-from-Chase-on-my-freedom-acct/td-p/10240...

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.