Regular Contributor
CollegeStudent530

Resisting the Urge to Apply for Another CC

[ Edited ]

American Express Blue Cash Everyday® - $11,200 l Chase Sapphired Preferred® - $6,000 l Discover It™ - $5000
Chase Freedom® Visa - $3000 l BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™ - $2000
Golden 1 Credit Union Student Visa® - $1000

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Resisting the Urge to Apply for Another CC

kevinnguyen530 wrote:

I made a promise to my significant other to not apply for anymore credit cards, especially since I do not need anymore. Even though I am a responsible user that PIF with a spotless record, I need to remind myself that I do not need anymore cards. I feel the main motivator is "status," proving to myself that I can "qualify" for something. 

It is a psychological battle, something that have led many people into debt or credit score problems. Unfortunately, it works almost similar to a game. Although my total limit is $6,000.00, I get that temptation to apply for another card just to bump it up higher. Unlike most people who might need a lot of cards for their lifestyles or careers.. I need to tell myself that as a student, I do not! I have to keep reminding myself that I am on the right track and that I just need to age my accounts.

I am satisfied with my cards and will continue to garden until my next card: AMEX. I do not need anymore credit cards given my current situation. I have two amazing cards with great benefits and serve. I am grateful and should be satisfied. 

No MORE applications. 

WTG on taking control!!

You should come over into the Garden threads and post there!! Make some goals for yourself! :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
09Lexie

Re: Resisting the Urge to Apply for Another CC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+