Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restaurant 5% card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Restaurant 5% card?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had one and let it go (Forward 5X), as mentioned on the other thread. AA Exec 100K churning was too tempting and I had to free up some exposure.

Uhh...I had no idea what you meant in your second sentence...can you explain? Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had one and let it go (Forward 5X), as mentioned on the other thread. AA Exec 100K churning was too tempting and I had to free up some exposure.

Uhh...I had no idea what you meant in your second sentence...can you explain? Smiley Very Happy

AAdvantage Executive from Citi had 100K AA miles for $10,000/3mos offer pretty consistently a time before, In order to use a couple of these offers back to back I had to free up some credit limit by that issuer.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you work at citibank? 

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you work at citibank? 

No, they're just amongst my favorite card issuers. I did work with Citigroup at one point indirectly though.

Message 24 of 33
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are there any MC/Visa that give 5% back on restaurants? 

I know the closest one would be Chase AARP at 3%, and Cash+ USED to offer it.

Thanks!

Nope. Best you can do is AARP at 3%, Huntington Voice 3%, Cash+ 2% on restaurants 5% on fast food. There's a Power Rewards (or something) with I think 3% on dining but that's geographically limited.

There's a lack of any really great dining card but sadly I think they just aren't sustainable at high reward percentages. Since I get 2% with double cash on everything, and currently have 2% restaurants selected on my Cash+, I"m not opening a new account for an extra 1%. The AARP would be literally only used for dining, and even if I were to spend $200 a month, an extra 1% is only $2 more vs a 2% card...not worth it. Point is, if you already have something for 2%, there's likely no point.

Kinda agree here.  Get 2% via Amazon visa, 3% SimplyCash, 2x hotel coded dining Silver Aviator, and 2% (after a year) on discover.  Don't need another dining card.

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 33
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm honestly jealous. wish i turned 18 before they removed it. anyway to PC to it? 

Can't PC to it. There is no way to get it other than already having it. Sorry. I'd like it too, but it's gone.

Although there are rumors you can still PC to a Citi Dividend which is also discontinued, but it was discontinued far more recently. The Forward has been gone for 2+ years.

Yep, I can confirm that in April I PC'ed TO the Dividend card, so it may still be possible to get one.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 26 of 33
happypill
Valued Contributor

Someone posted Nusenda Credit Union the other day.  It offers 5% on rotating categories and restaurants appears twice.  Kind of a unique set of categories actually.  I'm not certain but it may be geographically limited to New Mexico or something.

I love my SSFCU Power Travel Rewards card with 3.3% on gas, travel & dining (fast food & resaurants).  Those are some awesome categories.  No AF, no earning limits and no expirations.  Geography restricted.

I working on getting a Golden 1 CU Platinum Rewards which gives 3% on gas, grocery & restaurant.  I believe no earning limits either.  Limited to California I believe.

The JCB Maurkai never quite gets you to 3%, but it's interesting because it's not restricted by category.  I wonder though, how restrictive the JCB branding makes it.  Limited to CA, Hawaii and maybe Washington or something.

I like finding these off-the-beaten-path cards that give 3% or better.

Message 27 of 33
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

Great info. But how are these comparing with Chase AARP?

Message 28 of 33
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Orbitz actually has a new dining rewards program that you can link your orbitz card to which earns you 6-7% back.  It's earns 5% back as a stand alone. Theoretically you can link any card to this program so you could link a 3% or even 5% category spend card to the program and earn up to 10% back.  The only drawback is that it has to be used at one of their participating restraunts which seem to change but even in the more rural area I live in there are several on the list that I frequent.  

Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 29 of 33
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not buy restaurant gift cards from grocery coded store, use Salliemae, BC, BCP, ED,EDP?

Not everyone eats at such chains but for those that do it's an option.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.