Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restaurant / Dining Categories & CSP

tag
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Restaurant / Dining Categories & CSP

I have an issue I was hoping someone on here might culd help me with.  I just got my Chase Sapphire Preffered about 5 weeks ago & got my first bill yesterday.  I was thrilled that they already gave me 5,000 bonus miles for adding an authorized user & I already received about 3,000 additional miles for other purchases.  

Here's the thing, I would have gotten a lot more but I think one of the places I order from (a lot) isn't categorized as dining.  I work from home & I'm single so I hate to cook so I end up eating out &/or getting delivery a lot.  A new service just opened here in town called "OrderUp" where I can pretty much order from 50 restaurants & they'll deliver.  Unfortunately, the charge goes to OrderUp and I'm thinking that's not categorized as dining so I'm only getting one mile per dollar instead of two.

On the CSP website the say you get two miles/dollar for everything from "fast food to fine dining".  Is there a way that they might be able to consider this dining so I can get double the miles?  I mean, it's food & I'm dining...just the charge is going to a place that's (I'm assuming) being cateforized as a website or a service.

Thanks for any input!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Restaurant / Dining Categories & CSP

Sorry, bud.  Merchants code their own categories.  If "OrderUp" codes as anything other than a restaurant/fast food, you're not getting your points.

Message 2 of 10
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Yep, nothing Chase can do. It's all about how the merchant is coded in the system.  

Slightly off topic, but since you're new to CSP, don't forget that you get 3x Dining on the first Friday of every month. So make sure you take advantage of that this Friday. Then maybe you can recoup some of the points you missed out on. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I called & they basically told me the same thing. Totally sucks since I spent about $450 last month on having food delivered.  Oh well, no biggie.

Thanks for the heads up...I'll def take advantage of that this Friday...in a REAL restaurant.  haha

test

Message 4 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

Yeah, I called & they basically told me the same thing. Totally sucks since I spent about $450 last month on having food delivered.  Oh well, no biggie.

Thanks for the heads up...I'll def take advantage of that this Friday...in a REAL restaurant.  haha

You order out evey night? Damn, that's a lot. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 5 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@mikelo22 wrote:

Yep, nothing Chase can do. It's all about how the merchant is coded in the system.  

Slightly off topic, but since you're new to CSP, don't forget that you get 3x Dining on the first Friday of every month. So make sure you take advantage of that this Friday. Then maybe you can recoup some of the points you missed out on. Smiley Wink

Thanks, I didn't realize that about Friday..

Message 6 of 10
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

@joeyoey wrote:

Not EVERY night...but 4-5 times a week.  lol

test

Message 7 of 10
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@joeyoey wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

@joeyoey wrote:

Not EVERY night...but 4-5 times a week.  lol

Well that's better then, lol.

Message 8 of 10
core
Valued Contributor

Call in the order directly to the restaurant, pay over the phone, then send a boy out to pick it up for a small fee.  I guarantee it will be cheaper than what those services charge, and you will get your cash back too.

Message 9 of 10
onstar
Established Contributor

What category does OrderUp show up as?

Maybe you can ask them to change that.

Twitter: @orderuphelp

Email: help@orderup.com

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.