Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail cards for bad credit

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: Retail cards for bad credit

Target seems to be relatively easy to get a $200 CL with. If you ever shop there you get 5%. Obviously you'll need to use it in order to get much benefit from it.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard was recently aqquired by Capital One. I have one and it's now shown on my CR as Cap 1. Started with $500. and they automatically bumped me up to $750.00 after 9 months. I also had no interest during that period.

For reporting dates, I called Cap 1 and was told that they report to the CBs within a few days of the statement closing. I'm planning on applying to refinance my car and maybe add a store card to the mix so I hope all of that holds true. That's my plan! Smiley Happy

As for store cards, Target or Walmart? I prefer to shop at Target but Walmart offers free credit monitoring service.

Message 12 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Orchard was recently aqquired by Capital One. I have one and it's now shown on my CR as Cap 1. Started with $500. and they automatically bumped me up to $750.00 after 9 months. I also had no interest during that period.

For reporting dates, I called Cap 1 and was told that they report to the CBs within a few days of the statement closing. I'm planning on applying to refinance my car and maybe add a store card to the mix so I hope all of that holds true. That's my plan! Smiley Happy

As for store cards, Target or Walmart? I prefer to shop at Target but Walmart offers free credit monitoring service.

Get the Target Debit Redcard. You will be stuck at low limits if you apply for credit version of Redcard. Walmart only provides FICO score, not credit monitoring service.

Message 13 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Seatown1two wrote:

I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything.  I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and was recently approved for the orchard bank gold mc with a CL of $320.  I would like to add a retail card to the mix.  My EQ is 593.  Any suggestions???

www.whogavemcredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.