Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

Retail stores or banks that might go bye bye

[ Edited ]

with this AWESOME(sarcasm) economy which retail stores and banks do you think or already know of that will go out of business very soon or in the furture to come? I ve heard that JCP is going no where and probably vanishing. any1 else??

$1,000$600
EX FICO---, EQ FICO---, TU FICO 603, Gardening Since 10-05-14
Regular Contributor
asteroidblues86

Re: REATIL STORES OR BANKS THAT MIGHT GO BYE BYE

According to the article on yahoo's homepage Best Buy and Sears are not doing well and will be closing a lot of locations.

Valued Contributor
thom02099

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

with this AWESOME(sarcasm) economy which retail stores and banks do you think or already know of that will go out of business very soon or in the furture to come? I ve heard that JCP is going no where and probably vanishing. any1 else??

Best Buy...Sears....JCP...Radio Shack...Blockbuster...Barnes & Noble....K-Mart.  All have been mentioned for extinction, some sooner than others.  Recent article in the news said that all of these were closing down a substantial number of stores this year. 

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 768 EQ = 828 TU = 834 - June/2014
Frequent Contributor
Imua

interesting about JCP - they completely pulled  out of hawaii about 10 years ago.

sears is still here, but is closing several stores in the near future (not sure how many will be left here when all is said and done)

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787
Established Contributor
shakalaka

off topic: OP - Why are you writing most of the times in CAPS? Just wondering ...

ontopic: I guess non, as long as the company exists. It is all about customer relationship and they won´t stop issuing their cards as lonng as they exist.

Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex BCE (33,400) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (24,800) | Discover IT (12,700) | Chase Freedom (6,300) | Walmart (4,500) | CapOne (4.000) | Alliant CU Visa | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO: TU 778 (9/18) EQ 723 (9/30) EX 748 (12/5)

Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

If they were to go out of business and are cardholders do they automatically close the account?? and if they do close them will it affect your credit??

$1,000$600
Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

@shakalaka im working on that, and yeah they should stop offering cards if they will be going out of business.

$1,000$600
Valued Contributor
bs6054

If they were to go out of business and are cardholders do they automatically close the account?? and if they do close them will it affect your credit??

If there are balances on the credit card accounts, these are receivable assets, and would pass to a buyer (or an appointed controller in the case of BK).  It would up to the new owners to decide whether to continue the cards, with or without new terms.

mtrea001

I'm not sure how large they were, but here in SOCAL there used to be a department store called Harris'/Gottschalks. My mom had a store card though them and when they went bankrupt her account was sold to a third party company and they told her to pay the balance (minimum all the way to PIF) at her convienience after which her account would be closed in good standing with no negative outcomes (other than a closed LOC).  I guess they bought out her debt with the intention of profiting from the account's revolving debts.  

Anyone remember Harris's/Gottschalks?! They actually had some pretty cool stuff, lol. 

Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

I remeber Gottschalks, hardly ever noticed their stuff since I was like 12 or 13

$1,000$600

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}