Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned To 5% Chase Freedom

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Returned To 5% Chase Freedom

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Funny thing happend to me on the way to making UR plans that many Chase folks have been reaping in for years.

5/24 showed up and ruined things.

In this business TIMING is everything and that couldn't have come along at the worse time.

I like to space out application sprees within a 90 day period and done. I already had the CSP and landed the Freedom shortly thereafter a couple of years ago.

Since Chase notoriously Double-Pulls me for cards there was no way i was going to let them do it again just for a CLI which the Freedom badly needed ($3K) so i closed it after a year and moved the limit over to the CSP.

I thought all was set to pick up a couple of new Chase cards and commence the UR process with a now better limit CSP and so on and so forth.

But enter Chase's 5/24 plan and by then i was well already beyond that.

Simply put i been stuck with the CSP alone with no connecting card because of 5/24, so the other day i requested and was approved for a PC back to the 5% Freedom once again only this time with a much better limit. Also eliminated the AF at the same time.

Yeah i know it only sports a quarterly 1.5K cap anymore and occasionaly overlaps Discover, but the way i see it at least it is another 5% rotating category card from a lender where my internal score has only improved over time with decent history etc.

I am satisfied with going this route and later on in the future and at any time thereafter maybe it will be simple to grab a CSR or even another CSP again.

I think you made a great decision. If life lets you get under 5/24, you can app for another sapphire product

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 11 of 13
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

On mobile click on the main menu then scroll down towards the bottom. 

Mine just shows generic offers

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 12 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Funny thing happend to me on the way to making UR plans that many Chase folks have been reaping in for years.

5/24 showed up and ruined things.

In this business TIMING is everything and that couldn't have come along at the worse time.

I like to space out application sprees within a 90 day period and done. I already had the CSP and landed the Freedom shortly thereafter a couple of years ago.

Since Chase notoriously Double-Pulls me for cards there was no way i was going to let them do it again just for a CLI which the Freedom badly needed ($3K) so i closed it after a year and moved the limit over to the CSP.

I thought all was set to pick up a couple of new Chase cards and commence the UR process with a now better limit CSP and so on and so forth.

But enter Chase's 5/24 plan and by then i was well already beyond that.

Simply put i been stuck with the CSP alone with no connecting card because of 5/24, so the other day i requested and was approved for a PC back to the 5% Freedom once again only this time with a much better limit. Also eliminated the AF at the same time.

Yeah i know it only sports a quarterly 1.5K cap anymore and occasionaly overlaps Discover, but the way i see it at least it is another 5% rotating category card from a lender where my internal score has only improved over time with decent history etc.

I am satisfied with going this route and later on in the future and at any time thereafter maybe it will be simple to grab a CSR or even another CSP again.

I think you made a great decision. If life lets you get under 5/24, you can app for another sapphire product

That's pretty much the case.

We don't get anywhere in life sitting on neutral like babysitting a Barclays just to avoid an AA or like with Comenity won't report to the CRA's unless you cater to regular monthly balances, so the same applies to Chase.

Informed consumers aren't about to hold up their own credit progress by waiting to be able to get approved for a Chase card in 2 years.

There's a lot of good things you can accomplish and gain in those (2) years.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.